Chapter 6

"You two go ahead, I'll be right there." Hermione said as they passed by the Great Hall, which had the older years rather than the first years in, the first years always heading to their classes rather than getting something to eat during break.

"What're you doing?" Ron asked, him and Harry stopping to look at her as she ran to the Great Hall.

"I just realised there's someone I know and I need to ask their help with something. We've got plenty of time, I won't take long." Hermione said, running over to the Hufflepuff table where a girl with blue and purple hair who looked tired, pale, and ill, their head resting on the table before Hermione came up to them.

"Who's that?" Harry asked.

Ron shrugged, making a confused face. "Maybe it's someone she knew before Hogwarts?"

-----

"Hello." Hermione said as she approached Lexsaidh, making Lexsaidh look up at her, she didn't look very well.

"Hey, can I do something for you?" Lexsaidh asked, her tone friendly, but her expression neutral, looking like she couldn't really be bothered with the conversation, playing with a bracelet she always wore, it was old and scratched up, and had a faint smiley face on it.

"I'm Hermione, I need your help." Hermione said, a little too energetically. She had forgotten until she caught a glimpse of Lexsaidh that she existed. A part seer like Lexsaidh might well know about the other timeline even though there was little chance she would remember that timeline. She had helped Hermione a little in that timeline before disappearing for a week, next thing Hermione knew she was blaming Dumbledore for the murder and attempted murder of her family. "I and a lot of other people came back in time and remember the previous timeline. I know you're part seer and I was hoping you could help us with preventing the previous timeline repeating itself."

"The timeline you're talking about, does it happen to be a timeline where Harry Potter dies?" Lexsaidh asked, rubbing her eyes slightly, getting a headache as she spoke to Hermione.

"Yes, do you remember it too?" Hermione asked, surprised.

"No, I had a vision of his death. I saw things after that but nothing clearly. What is it you want me to do though?" Lexsaidh wasn't exactly cutting Hermione off, but was looking at her watch and collecting her things up as though she was leaving.

"If you could at least come to Gryffindor tower after curfew then we can discuss everything we know. If you decide you don't want anything to do with it afterwards then you don't have to." Hermione said, looking at the time herself.

"Sure, am I allowed to ask some other people to come too?" Lexsaidh asked, picking her bag up and walking to the door with Hermione.

"Provided they're people we can trust I don't see why you can't." Hermione agreed, also leaving. She wasn't sure why Lexsaidh was leaving so early, there were still 10 minutes of break, normally only first years would leave that early.

"Great, we'll be there. I have Potions, I'm just trying to get a little good grace from Snape." Lexsaidh explained, the two of them leaving the Great Hall, Lexsaidh going to the dungeons, and Hermione joining Ron and Harry who were waiting to go down to the greenhouses for Herbology.

"Did you get what you needed?" Harry asked, the three of them walking across the grounds, though the air was brisk, it was a pleasant walk, and the Hogwarts grounds were never not breath taking.

"Yup, by the way are you going to write to Remus at lunch or after classes?" Hermione asked, she and Ron needed to ask Remus to come this evening too, though obviously not for Harry.