Chapter 2

The next morning Ron woke up with a splitting headache. He didn't remember falling asleep, but assumed he had fallen asleep on Hermione after crying. He felt warm though, so her parents probably covered them with a blanket.

That was what Ron thought until he heard a squeak from somewhere in the covers.

He yelled, flailing as he fell to the floor, seeing that Hermione wasn't there, in fact he wasn't even in her house. Looking around he realised he was in his bedroom from before Harry's death, he couldn't be sure exactly when, the family didn't exactly have money to redecorate his room, but from the lack of homework and books on the table he was sure it wasn't third or fourth year.

This was only confirmed when Ron found the source of the squeaking.

Scabbers.

The damn rat that had landed Harry with his murderers. The grown man only too happy to sleep in his bed. Well this time he wasn't about to believe it. This time he would release Sirius and let Harry move in with him, whatever it took.

"Fred, George!" Ron yelled , opening his door just enough to yell, his room darker than outside it and his head still hurting like hell. "Can I borrow some large container!? I don't care what!"

"Ron, what do you think you're doing waking up so late and that being the thing that you yell first." Percy scolded Ron, not that he cared.

"Percy, I have a headache, I'll come down soon, I just need the container first." Ron said, leaning his head on the cold door.

"What do you need it for?" Fred asked, holding a few different pots.

"By the way, family meeting as soon as you're dressed." George added, both the twins also looking a little pale, just like Ron with his splitting headache.

"There's a pest in my room, I want to catch it." Ron said, reaching out for one of them, the one he was given a jar that had a breathable lid. "I'll be down soon."

"Ron, when someone gives you something, you say thank you." Percy reprimanded Ron, who didn't bother responding to him, just rolling his eyes and closing the door.

Ron guessed he was lucky that Scabbers had always been lazy, because if he wasn't then it would probably be much harder to catch him. He didn't know the spell that Sirius and Remus used in third year, but even if he did he didn't want to turn Scabbers into Peter Pettigrew before he was dressed or while the man was still in his bed.

Once Scabbers was in the jar and the lid was on, Ron covered it with his duvet and got dressed. It was so much easier to deal with his hair now it was shorter, and it was easier for him to get out of bed knowing that this was a time when Harry was still alive. He didn't know exactly when this was, but if Scabbers was still his rat, Harry hadn't been killed.

"Morning Ron, how are you feeling?" Molly asked, gesturing for him to take a seat, a plate full of food in front of his seat already.

"I'm alright, I have a headache, but otherwise I'm good." Ron said, taking his seat and starting to eat.

"Your mother and I called this family meeting because we need to check something. How many people here remember Harry's death?" Arthur asked. If it had only been him who remembered he wouldn't have said anything, but Molly remembered too.

"The last think I remember was Hermione and me solving his murder." Ron said after gulping down a rather too large mouthful that he hadn't finished chewing so he could talk without his mouth full.

"What are you on about? The only Harry I know of is Harry Potter and we don't know him even if he is going to start Hogwarts with Ron this year. Her certainly hasn't died." Percy said, annoyed, thinking his parents and Ron were playing a prank on him.