Chapter 10

Remus took the dog with him as he left. He said it was his, but that he had gotten the dog while at Hogwarts and he had recently moved, so when the dog got lost it came to Hogwarts, where he knew. It made sense, but Harry was a little sad to see the dog go. It was the first dog Harry liked.

"So Remus said he wanted to meet me at Christmas, which would be nice." Harry happily walked along next to Draco, telling him all about the meeting with Remus.

"You should come to mine for Christmas, Remus can visit you there, but it would be nicer than Hogwarts." Draco was glad for the opportunity to invite Harry to Malfoy Manor for Christmas without shoehorning it in randomly.

"I don't want to impose." Harry's cheeks flushed and he looked away from Draco, still walking down to the dungeons for Potions.

"Trust me, you won't be. My house is huge, it gets kinda lonely so it would be nice to have you there." Draco smiled.

-----

Draco thought it was a little odd that they were using ash wood for the fires under the cauldrons, they never had in the previous timeline, but he guessed it didn't really matter. Provided it's a wood that burns properly, the type of wood never really matters.

Harry and Draco were next to each other, so they were working together on the Potion, Harry preparing the ingredients and Draco adding them and stirring the potion. All was going well, even as Snape breathed down their necks.

That was until Harry slammed his hand onto the desk.

"Harry? Are you okay?" Draco dropped the stick he was using to stir the potion.

"Our little... Celebrity." Snape looked at Harry, who was obviously struggling to stand, as though he was a piece of gum he had trodden on. "Seems to be addicted to attention. Ignore him Draco."

"Harry, can you hear me? What's wrong?" Draco did, indeed, ignore someone, it just wasn't Harry he ignored.

Harry couldn't respond, his face paling and looking sweaty and his breathing shallow.

Draco didn't wait another moment, abandoning the half finished potion, picking Harry up with ease and rushing off to the Hospital Wing. Even as Snape yelled after them about giving all 4 detentions, Ron and Hermione slipped out of the room on his tail.

Harry's eyes seemed to be trying hard to stay open, but his breathing seemed to be more of a struggle with every breath.

"Stay with me, Harry!" Draco's eyes flicked between Harry and his stairs.

The stairs seemed to be helping in their haste, leading them on the fastest route to the Hospital Wing, Ron dashing in front of Draco as they ran along the corridor to open the door for him. The door banging open louder than Ron had ever opened a door before.

"What do you think-?" Mme Pomfrey was angry, with her hands on her hips before she was cut off.

"It's Harry. Don't know... What's wrong... Help." Draco used as few words as possible, out of breath and still filled with panic after watching Harry's weakening, putting Harry down on an empty bed as Mme Pomfrey came over.

"You three get out, do not come back until you have changed and showered." Mme Pomfrey summoned a potion, pouring it into Harry's mouth, his breathing still weak and his eyes barely open. "Drink it."

It was the first time they had heard Mme Pomfrey so scared, Harry clearly struggling to swallow the potion. They wanted to know what was going on, but with Mme Pomfrey's urgency they figured it was best to just do as they were told. Eyes lingering on Harry as they filed out.