Chapter 8

100 years later

Deep space

The fleet of the Almighty

Eclipse-model supremacy-size dreadnought

Manus sat on the bow of the ship looking into space as he sensed the final preparations were made before he warped to the ghoul stars and his fleet came in right behind him.

He had one chance at this.

If not it would be the doom of his men.

He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

He checked his gear. He was wearing his old "TRUE JUSTICE" jacket to remind himself were he had come from and to let all who witness it know what he stands for. He wielded no weapon this day for he had no need of one. He would just need his power.

He grabbed the ticket he had been saving and teleported away.

He remerged in the middle of the ghoul stars. He immediately heard the invasive voices in his head speaking eldritch truths and maddening lies. He felt his ears bleed and his mouth foam.

It lasted for less than a second before Manus dominated the powers that tried to inflict pain upon him and snarled.

He felt the fear of the horrid beings made clear as he let it all go. His power was released and the abyss roared spilling out from him and swallowing the mind-breaking parasites.

The poisoned worlds that made up the systems were purged of their corruption in holy fire. The resident warp entities were absorbed by the abyss and broken down into raw energy. The stars were purged of their parasites with dark matter and were refueled with several gigatons of cosmic energy provided by the digested extradimensional beings.

And finally, Manus used olympian magic to astral project himself to the point he could grab the rips in reality on the metaphorical plane and shut them closed with his raw power.

When he had finally finished he felt incredibly drained. He only had one percent of his energy left from his great work.

But his version of one percent was more than enough to teleport him several billions of lightyears to a newly reborn world. He emerged in a meadow and laid down in the grass.

He looked into the sky and watched as the light of stars reached the planet for the first time in a hundred millennia. He smiled and breathed in the fresh nature.

Manus wondered what the emperor was thinking right now.

He reached out with his mind to check.

On the golden throne in the mind of the God-Emperor of Mankind

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?

THAT SHIT FELT COMPARABLE TO THE BIRTH OF SLAANESH!

THIS MAKES EVERYTHING SEVERAL TIMES MORE COMPLICATED!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Back with Manus

Yeah, that tracks.

He heard grass crunch next to him and chuckled. "I really can't get a break can I?"

"No." Reave deadpanned as he stood next to his comrade.

The two looked at the stars and Manus felt the presence of his men appear throughout the newly rejuvenated part of the milky way galaxy. Which for some reason was several times bigger than the actual milky way.