Chapter 9

Five years later

Manus took a bolter round to the face and rounded on the chaos marine that had the fucking audacity to shoot him instead of engaging in glorious melee combat. He punched the marine's helmet off and heard a dying moan with the body shuddering before collapsing.

Even after annihilating Slaanesh that thing's influence was still present.

Fuck this.

Manus tapped into Ares's power and snapped his fingers making the chaotic forces all explode in greek fire.

He sent out a pulse of observation haki around the planet and saw that he had cleansed it completely.

He got out his commlink and activated it. "This is Manus Walker. Planet 29-IV is purged of Slaaneshi remnants. Give me a sitrep on our progress."

"Good to hear from you, sir! The solar system you're in is clean. We're currently deleting that living planet you told us about with eclipse ships. We haven't detected the presence of any chaos forces yet. We think they're being kept at bay by the Eldar gods." A communications officer said filling Manus in on the situation.

"Alright. Have we detected any significant forces coming to our territory?" Manus asked.

"No sir. However the flayer Dynasty you told us to keep an eye on? They're starting to move around on the planet. We don't know what they're doing, however." The officer said.

Manus sighed. "Connect me to chief advisor Reave. He and I need to speak."

"Yes sir. Give me a minute." The officer said before disconnecting.

Manus sent out a ping of observation haki to make sure the silent king was still on his way to the galaxy and found that he was.

"What's up?" Reave asked.

"Can you deal with the flayer dynasty?" Manus asked.

"You sure? We can't send troops there. The planet is completely inhospitable." Reave said confused.

"Deploy someone who can deal with them. The planet doesn't matter. The resources and the Necron tech does." Manus said.

"You and me both know there's only one person who can kill them and not destroy the planet. But he won't like it." Reave said warningly.

"I don't care. Deploy Zeref. I've got bigger fish to fry." Manus said cutting off the transmission and then blasting off in the direction of a nearby Dark Eldar raiding party that just emerged from the webway.

Reave rolled his eyes as the transmission cut off and opened up another line of communication from his command throne. "Zeref. Manus has new orders for you. And I don't think he'll accept an alternative response."

Zeref sighed closing his book. This one was given to him when he met Hecate in the halls of Mt. Olympus's library. "Where does he need me to go?"

"He needs you to deal with the flayer dynasty. The Necrons need to be removed but their tech to remain. We can't send anyone except you. You're one of the few who can survive the shitty conditions, one of the few who can get rid of them without destroying the planet, and you're the only one who can do both." Reave said.

Zeref got up from his seat and grabbed his comlink. "Got it. I'll head over there now. You can expect the dynasty gone within the week."

"Thank you Zeref. I'll take up your duties while you're gone." Reave said as the connection cut out. He felt a pain in his head and rubbed his temples.

He needs a vacation.

Manus heard Reave's thoughts across the cosmos and started thinking of places his old ally could go as he punched a Dark Eldar in the face turning it into a fine mist.

He opened his hand and consumed the Dark Eldar souls converting them into pure energy not allowing their nature to corrupt him.

Manus quickly scanned the rest of the system and immediately blasted off in the direction of a Tyrannid scout force that was going through a blind spot in the Eternal Empire's defenses.

He arrived in the middle of the force and created a miniature star burning the biomass of the Tyrannids out of existence.

Fortunately, they were in empty space and his troops were not at risk. Manus sighed as he reabsorbed the star and blasted away to a nearby imperium fleet.

This was going to be a very tedious day.

With Zeref on one of the Flayer Dynasty's planets

Zeref disembarked the ship he had used to reach the system and felt the environment tax his immortality. The planet seemed to be superheated and its air was practically toxin.

Reave had undersold this place. It was far worse than what he had pictured.

Zeref quickly cast a self-enforcement spell making his bodily attributes equal to that of...what did those movies call it? Ah yes. The Hulk.

Zeref rolled his neck before bounding across the planet and launching away.

Time to do as his lord commanded him.

He landed on a metal form and he quickly used a fire spell which melted the Necron into slag. He felt a burning pain in his back and shot out a beam of dark magic and reduced the offending Necron into slag as well.

He felt several incoming presences throughout the planet converging on his position. Zeref quickly cast territorial traps around him within a fifty-mile radius. All of them are magma magic based.

He sensed incoming artillery rounds and put up a shield strong enough to defend against a supernova but even that strained against the force of the explosions.

When the artillery let up Zeref quickly absorbed the damage to the shield and converted the absorbed kinetic energy into a last-ditch plan if worst comes to worst.

The Necrons finally appeared and Zeref began unleashing his magic and summoned low-level etherious demons to match their numbers. He began casting tier seven magic spells to bring down the Necron's vehicles and their armored units.

He took several lethal shots to the vital areas and died enough times to be more than half of his death experiences back in Fiore and Alvarez combined.

It took him several days of fighting to completely destroy all of the Necrons and he sent out a single telepathic message before collapsing from exhaustion.

'It is done.'

Manus heard the message and teleported to Zeref and scooped him up and moved into one of the Necron tombs and put him in a healing tank.

After doing that he moved into the deepest parts of the tomb and found the Necron overlord's command throne and sat upon it, connecting his mind to the network of the Necron's tech, and he began to power up everything.

This just got a lot easier.