Chp 8

I pulled away a few minutes later and rested my head against Ashers chest, grinning like an idiot.

"I don't won't to be marked yet Ash...... I'm not ready....." I mumbled. He stroked my hair gently.
"That's ok, I'll wait for you."

He's so sweet.....
And he's ours~~~~ my wolf singsonged.

"Thanks...."
"Of course, now c'mon we should get back before everyone starts worrying."
I nodded softly and took his hand, allowing him to lead me back to my party.

"You look amazing by the way." He whispered to me as we made our way over to the drinks.
I felt my face heat up.
"Thanks.... You don't look to bad yourself."
He grinned at me, eyes sparkling, and handed me a cup of rootbeer.
I took it and took a sip, frowning at all the people who were staring at us.

"What's wrong?" Asher asked, gently touching my arm.
"Everyone's staring...." I mumbled uncomfortably, turning to face the drinks instead.
Asher growled.
"Can't you guys for once in your own insignificant little lives mind your own business and stop staring? She's your future alpha, deal with it. She's obviously uncomfortable and as pack members it's your job to help make her feel comfortable. Scram!" He snapped at the crowd, getting them to back away quickly.
"C'mon let's go."
"Ok..." with my drink in hand I led Asher to my cave and sat on my bed.

"I've been thinking." Asher suddenly said as he sat down beside me.
"Uh oh." I laughed, earning myself a playful glare.
"What's up?"
"Well, since your not ready for me to mark you and you don't have a phone I was thinking we make up a song."
"A song?" I asked, confused.
"Why?"
"It's a simple song to let the other person know we're in danger. I'm pretty sure if I wanted to I could here your voice all the way in Nightsong territory,"
".... There's this one place I like to go, and it carries sound pretty well, but what if we can't talk? Like we're gagged or something?"
"If you feel threatened at all, just call for me and I'll come." Asher wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.
"Ok...... we should work on it some now......"
"Only if you're sure."
"I'm sure Ash, let's just make the song already." He laughed softly and let me go long enough to grab a pencil and paper before sitting down and pulling me closer so I sat between his legs and leaning on his chest.

~~~~

Hours later we stared down at the paper and laughed, we actually made a song in a couple of hours. At this rate we'll be the richest song artists out there.
After finishing up Mav came in and told him it was time to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I promised with a smile.
"Yeah ok.... See you tomorrow." Asher frowned, as if leaving was the hardest thing in the world.
I gave him a peck on the cheeks and shook my head.
"Go home Ash, I'll be fine."
He stood there for a moment, frowning, before finally leaving and going with his sister.

I laughed softly after him before changing into comfy sweats and a tshirt and climbing into bed.
I laid there for a moment, unable to sleep, when a shadow crossed over my bed.

"Finally. The moment we've been waiting for."
I growled at the voice and got out of bed defensively.
"Don't worry little Angel, we'll take care of you." The guy smirked maliciously before come closer to me.
I kicked him hard in the gut.
"Don't touch me." I snarled, reaching for the knife I always kept under my pillow just in case.
Suddenly something pricked my neck and I stumbled.

"You'll learn not to disrespect me pup."
I growled as my world grew blurry and I had to use the bed for support.
Man..... I'm regretting not letting Ash mark me now.... At least someone would know I've been taken....
I let out one last growl before crumpling to the floor, unconscious.

~~~~

*Ashers POV*

I walked back to my hut feeling much better than before Cress' party. I'd probably go visit her in the morning with her favorite flowers, song lilies, to surprise her.
I changed into pj's and climbed in bed, falling asleep quickly and dreaming about what life I could have with Cress by my side.

~~~~

I felt a little off the next morning but brushed it off and went to the dining hut to eat, finding mom arguing with Akari over a pancake.

"Puh-leeze! I got here first, it's mine." Akari growled.
That woman and her food...
I sighed.
"Yeah we'll I'm the Luna of this pack," mom blepped like a five year old.
"I get first dibs."
"Ha, that's what you think."

I went between them and snatched the pancake, taking a bite.
"There. Now neither of you get it. Help yourself to some eggs though." I trotted away, satisfied.
I went about my day as usual, ate breakfast, trained with dad, ate lunch and then prepared to leave for the Bloodfang pack.

"Y'know, for a supposedly big bad alphas son you sure act like a lovesick puppy." Akari teased.
"I'm not a lovesick puppy auntie, I just enjoy her company more than yours."
She gasped dramatically.
"Take that back mister or no more chocolates!"
"I'll tell Cress the recipe and she'll make them for me."
"Don't you dare you little-" she paused and smirked.
"It's a family recipe so the only way I'll allow you to tell her is if she's officially part of the family."
I frowned.
"Meaning?"
"Meaning you have to at least mark her before you can tell her."
I blushed and she cackled maniacally.
"She's not ready for it, plus she's only 16, why would you try to push it on her?"
"'Cause I wanna be right. Remember? I told Isla that you and Cress would get together by the time she turned 16 and guess what? I was technically right."
I sighed, this woman really is hopeless.

A moment later a bird came towards us, dropped a paper on the ground in front of me and flew away. I frowned softly as I picked up the paper and read it, my frown twisting into a snarl.
"Asher? What's it say?"
I gave my aunt the paper, clenching my fists tight.

'I want $100,000 wired to my account in two days. If not, the girl gets it.'
Beside the note was a picture of Cress, gaged and tied up on the floor, unconscious.