Chp 11

*Crescents POV*
I'm not exactly sure how long I've been down here, but I'm assuming several hours when my leg starts to fall asleep. I sighed heavily, looking around for anything to help me get out of here. The maid that comes down to make sure I don't starve or get dehydrated steps into my line of sight, a tray in hand with a piece of bread and a small cup of water,

The thing is, she's mute. She always uses sign language to speak on the rare occasions that she does and whenever her hands are occupied she only nods or shakes her head.
She walked over to me silently and set the tray down, studying my bloodied appearance.
I knew it wasn't pretty, my head was bleeding from getting slammed into concrete, there was dried blood on my neck, arms and clothes from when the guy cut me for various reasons and of course my wrists were raw from me trying to free myself.

She signed something I didn't understand before reaching for my wrists behind me, making me wish I'd taken that ASL class when my mom offered. I growled lowly, but made no move to stop her, sitting stiff as a board while the ropes slackened before falling away completely. As soon as my hands were free I ripped the gag from my mouth and coughed, gladly accepting the cup of water the young maid offered me a second later.
"Thank you." I whispered softly, grabbing the small piece of bread and taking a bite of it. This was the routine, every few hours she'd come in with a cup of water, this is only the second time she's brought food and my stomach was not happy to be so empty.
She gave me a subtle nod before standing and heading towards the door, silently gesturing me to follow.

Well this is unusual....
Tell me about it, maybe she's trying to help?
Nah, I think she's setting us up so we'll die sooner

I internally rolled my eyes at my wolf before slowly standing up and limping towards the girl. She pushed the door to the basement open slightly and peeked out, her frizzy red hair shining in the sudden brightness, which, by the way, my eyes weren't happy about.
I stayed quiet as i followed her down the hall, trying to memorize the way just in case I end up back in the basement. My right foot tingled awkwardly every time I took a step due to it being asleep and I prayed that it would wake up soon.
After at least ten minutes of walking around the girl stopped at a dead end and climbed up on a bench that was against the wall, gesturing to the window behind it.

I grinned and climbed up beside her before helping her open it and climbing out, taking a deep breath of fresh air.
I didn't recognize any of the woods around the building I just left, but I still felt better. I'm one step closer to going home. I glanced back to see the girl struggling to get through and helped her out, mumbling a soft 'thank you' while she walked in a seemingly random direction.

I scrambled after her, stumbling every-so-often, before she stopped at a cozy looking cabin -hours later I might add- in the middle of nowhere.
Despite my wariness I followed her inside and studied my surroundings.
A kitchen sat to my right, the cabinets and counters a warm brown color, a small dinette area was beside the kitchen with a small round table and two wooden fold up chairs. The living room was to my left, a small room with a couch, a few chairs, a coffee table and a small tv, and then a hallway was directly in front of me, probably leading to the bedroom and bathroom. The girl walked into the living room and grabbed something from a drawer before coming back and showing me the little whiteboard and marker she'd grabbed.

"What's your name? Why am I here? How come you're mute?" I fired off questions before she could even take a deep breath. I felt a little bad in all honestly, but I was confused and ready for a long nap.
She waved the hand holding the marker in the air to silence my questions before writing something on the board.

'No time for introductions, you have to get better and get back home as soon as possible. You're here because there is something very important I must tell you, but first I'm going to teach you ASL so I don't have to write everything down. If you have a problem with this I'm sorry, but there's no other way to do it.'

I frowned softly.
"If there's something important you need to tell me can't you just write it down?"

'I could, but I also need to train you, to make sure you're ready for what's to come. I know it might be weird since I'm around your age, but I was sent to help you, please let me.'

Can we trust her? I mean she got us out of that building, but she refused to even say her name. And train me? I've been training for a while now so I don't see how she'd be able to help...
She's not a wolfblood.... She's.... I can't explain it, but I can feel how strong her power is, I think you should agree and if anything seems off we could just leave.

After a few more moments of thought I nodded to her.
"What do I call you?"
She thought for a moment before smiling.

'Fuego, for Fire.'
She pointed to her hair and I laughed softly while following her to the bathroom so she could clean my wounds.

*Asher's POV a few hours earlier*

After walking for two hours straight I could feel my feet start to ache, but I ignored it. I had to find Cress. Akari stuck beside me for the most part, trying to lighten the mood as it got later and later and we still hadn't even found Cress' scent. Whoever took her did a good job of making it virtually impossible to find them.
"Guys I think we should take a break, rest up for a little while. It won't do us any good if we're exhausted when we get wherever they're keeping her."

I growled softly and ran a hand through my hair frustratedly.
"We're running out of time, we don't even know who this person is, let alone where they could possibly be hiding. We have to keep looking." I insisted.
"Look Asher, I know you're upset, I am to I mean she's my daughter. But we've been walking for hours. We can rest for a little bit before one of us climbs a tree and tries to scout ahead to see if there's anything out of the ordinary." As if everything was settled Isla and my aunt sat down, my dad leaned against a tree and closed his eyes.

Probably communicating with mom...
One day we'll be able to do that with Cress. She's too strong to let this be the end of her life.
I know Mittens, I just need to get her back.

I could feel him agreeing as I stepped towards a sturdy looking tree to climb.

I don't need rest, I need answers.

I shimmied up, ignoring Isla's calls for me to come down and rest, before stopping on a branch and looking around for anything that looks out of place. The sudden sound of yelling fills my ears and I flinch a bit before turning towards the sound. A few miles away was a large dark brown mansion and in the front yard stood a few dozen men with guns. Hunters.

I shifted into a bird and glided down to the ground before shifting back and sprinting towards it without even updating Isla and dad.