Chp 21

*Cress' POV*
I internally groaned as the beeping in my head grew louder, voices filtering through my sleep off and on like they have all night long. I caught snippets of the conversation while I slept.

"We should just let her... I'm aware, but he needs to..... it's not healthy to be asleep this long. We should tell...... doctor, it'll be better." The first voice started, allowing the steady constant beeping to continue on as it jumped slightly.
"Her heart rate is getting faster...... in a coma much longer...... patience, if he finds out you suggested...... kill you...." The second said, sounding slightly older.
I let out a tired growl, my throat sore and scratchy, as the beeping grew faster and louder.
".... Waking up! Tell the royal family now!" I growled slightly louder, only stopping when something cool and soothing was slowly poured down my throat, easing the ache. My limbs felt heavy, like they haven't been used in years. I yawned and stretched slowly, smiling to myself as I felt several satisfying pops in various places. My eyes fluttered open to reveal a hospital looking room, a man in a white lab coat standing beside a counter with a clipboard in his hands while he furiously wrote something down.

I glanced to my arms to find an IV in one, along with the heart monitor wrapped around my arm. I panicked, the beeping that's been distant for so long grew faster and louder in my struggles to pull the needles out of my body.

*Asher's POV*

I picked at my food quietly, waiting to be dismissed to sit with Cress again. Once a week my parents make me eat dinner with everyone instead of with Cress and -even though I love my family- I hated it. I wanted to be with my mate.
I shoved a small bite of chicken in my mouth and chewed quietly while everyone else at the table chatted away. The guy Arie brought along I later found out was part of the Thief pack, the 'alphas' son to be exact. His name was Max and I guess he and Arie have been friends for a while. Anyway, Mav finally marked Terrance about a year and a half ago, which Terry eventually got her back for. Mom and dad decided to let Mav have the throne instead of me, actually it was my idea. I wasn't fit to be king, and probably still wouldn't be by the time my parents want to retire.

One of the nurses burst into the dining room while I was mid bite, completely out of breath and looking slightly frantic.
"What is it?" Dad asked, his tone filled with authority.
"Sorry to interrupt my king," the nurse bowed and glanced at me.
"But I came to say the girl is awake."
I scrambled out of my chair and bolted to the infirmary room Cress was in to find her trying to pull the wires and needles away from her body while the doctor and three nurses weren't allowing her to. I rushed over, shoved everyone else out of the way and pulled her into a hug, burying my nose in the crook of her neck to inhale her scent and calm down as tears sprung in my eyes.

"I missed you so much...." I whispered softly.
Her confused, worried thoughts started flowing through my mind and I frowned softly.
"Cress you were out for a very long time, why don't you just take it easy ok?" I suggested, pulling away and wiping my eyes.
"Besides, I have to catch you up on all the latest family gossip."
Her smile made her face light up and I grinned, having missed that smile.

What happened? She asked through the bond.
I think it's best if you rest up before I tell you everything ok? Are you hungry? She nodded softly and studied the room in silence.
"Someone get her something to eat, I'm staying with her." I demanded, kissing the back of her hand.
Where are we Ash?
In Astoria Cress, to keep you safe. Don't worry, everything will be fine.
She nodded and leaned back on her pillows, eyes fluttering as she fought to stay awake.
"Go to sleep Cress, it's ok." I stroked her hair and began to hum softly to her, smiling as she nuzzled my hand and drifted off into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

~~~~

*Cress' POV*

I opened my eyes feeling much more... alive.... I blinked slowly to let my adjust to the light and looked down at my adorable sleeping mate beside me. His hair was messier than usual and you could tell by his face he wasn't sleeping or eating much for.... Well as long as I've been asleep.
I ran my fingers through his soft, fluffy hair, grinning to myself as he let out a low purr. I sat there rubbing my fingers through his hair for a little while before a nurse finally came in to check on me and bring me breakfast.

"Oh! You're awake, how are you feeling?" She asked, setting the tray of food on the counter to take tests first.
I pointed to Asher and brought a finger to my lips as a universal sign for 'shush'. She nodded in understanding.
"Better," I croaked out softly, taking the cup of water Asher left beside me and taking a big sip.
"That's wonderful! Maybe if you're lucky you'll get discharged soon. If it's within the next week then you'll have to come in for checkups and everything." I nodded softly and continued petting Asher while she talked and finished up my test.
"Alright, everything looks good so I'll pass my notes on to the doctor, we'll be back later." She handed me the tray of food and left

Asher didn't wake up until I finished eating and I finally got him to admit to everything that happened, including how long I was out.
I was out for three years...... I missed so much.....
"You're fine Cress, things happen and you're still here so we have time to make new memories."
An image of a young child sleeping in a cradle and wrapped up in a few blankets with what looked strangely like Aster in her arms. She couldn't have been other than a year old.
I blinked and the image was gone, replaced with a confused looking Asher in front of my face.
"Are you ok?"
Yeah I'm good, just a weird feeling. So when can I leave? I changed the subject and thankfully he didn't seem to notice.
"Well if you were to leave now you'd be doing the same thing your doing here, just in my room with me." I blushed at the possibility of actually sleeping in the same bed as Asher, something we hadn't been able to do with my overprotective father around.
H-how long until I'll be able to walk around and everything? I asked, more like squeaked, and fidgeted with my fingers under the blanket.
"A couple weeks probably, to make sure you won't pass out on us again." He smiled softly and kissed my cheek.
But that's so longgggggg. I whined with a playful pout.
"Hey hey hey," Asher frowned with a sparkle in his eye.
"No one said I couldn't bust you out and take you on a tour." I felt my face light up.
When can we leave?
"How about now?"

A/N not much action here, I have, like, two more chapters left maybe so, this is sad. Let me know if you have a certain characters story you'd like to see, like, Kaylus, Mahira, Robin and all that jazz.