Chp 15

As soon as I cleared my plate Robin stood and dragged me out of the hut to make sure I don't miss seeing her mate.
Asher followed -of course- but Terry and Arie stayed behind, claiming that they'd already met him. A light dusting of snow sat on the ground and trees, making me realize how little I was really paying attention on the way over here.
"So what's his name anyway?" I asked to break the silence while we walked.
"Kaylus, and true to his name he's a trouble maker."
"Wait, his name actually means 'trouble maker'? I think I'm going to like this boy."

Robin and Asher growled deeply and grumbled 'mine' simultaneously.
"Right right sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just think we'd be able to pull a bunch of pranks on everyone." I grinned at Ashers eyeroll.
"Whatever, I'm never letting you guys be alone, otherwise who knows what trouble y'all will get-"
A loud, angry snarl cut off the rest of her sentence and she launched herself away from Asher and I, bursting through a bush to help whoever was in danger.

I growled and ran after her, blinking in shock as I saw the man I'd never thought I'd have to see again. Alex Song.
I froze to my spot and stared at him, arms trembling was the flashbacks of him hurting me swam through my mind.
I barely registered Ashers protective roar as he ran past me, straight for Alex, and only got pulled from my stupor when Alex shoved a long silver blade into Ashers shoulder.

"ASHER!!!!" He growled menacingly at Alex, refusing to back off, and earned himself another silver blade in his opposite shoulder.
I could see him grit his teeth in pain while refusing to give Alex the satisfaction of hearing him cry out. My heart squeezed at the sight of my mate heart and I took a deep breath as something warm and comforting swirled in my gut.
I vaguely saw Robin leading a boy around our age away from the fight while I stepped closer to Alex and Asher, my eyes glowing a furious midnight blue.

"Oh look, it's the little mutt, clearly, you need to be taught another lesson." Alex seethed, punching Asher hard in the gut.
"You. Will. Regret. That." I snarled, the warm feeling rose and grew stronger, not wanting to be contained. With a ferocious growl that shook the trees, I waved my arm in the air and with a flick of my wrist Alex was thrown back and knocked out cold by a tree.
As soon as I knew he was out I ran to Ashers side, mumbled a few apologies before pulling the silver blades out of his shoulders, wincing slightly as I realized the hilt was also silver.

Asher sucked in a deep breath and leaned on me slightly.
"Since when did you have your alpha ability...?" He mumbled softly, staring at me in confusion and adoration.
"Since now I guess... it's ok to come out by the way Robin."
"Oh good." She came out leading the limping boy, frowning.
"Guys this is Kaylus, Kay, this is my best friend and adoptive sister, Cress and her mate Asher."
"Hey how come I don't get a title other than 'Cress' mate'?" Asher whined.
"Because she just beat her childhood bully -technically-, she deserves an amazing title."
"Thanks?" I said, although it sounded more like a question.
"Nice to meet you Kaylus," I gave him a small, mischievous smile.
"I look forward to getting to know you."

"Yeah, same." His eyes sparkled at my smile and he gave me a grin of his own.
"Mine." Asher growled lowly, not liking the way Kaylus was looking at me.
"Yup, all yours. Now let's go get y'all's wounds taken care off."
I led the way with Asher leaning on me, trying to make me go faster and insisting he could handle it.

"For the hundredth time, you might be able to but I doubt Kaylus can go much faster. Just relax." I sighed heavily at my mates impatience and continued leading the way in thought.

I finally used my alpha ability.... I should go to Fuego and see what she thinks....
But what about Asherrrrrr????? Shadow whined.
Hmm... maybe I'll visit Fuego at night and then stay with Asher during the day.
Yeah cause that's not a dumb idea
I rolled my eyes at my wolfs sarcasm and blocked her out as we continued on our way to Akari to get the boys wounds looked at.

"AKARIIIIIIIII!!!!!" I called as we neared the healers hut.
"WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!?!?!?" She called back, stepping out of said hut and pausing as she noticed the boys' condition.
"What in the world happened?!" She helped me and Robin get the boys inside and onto cots while waiting for an explanation.

"Well, I was walking around when some guy shot my leg with a silver bullet -which hurts like heck by the way- and started cutting up my arms as I tried to fight back," Kaylus gestured to the scattered cuts along his arms. "And shortly after these three showed up."
"It was Alex." Asher growled.
"He stabbed me in the shoulder, well both my shoulders, with silver knifes. Cress needed up using her alpha ability -which is totally awesome- to know him out and then here we are. Oh, she also burned her hands a little."

"Hey! My hands aren't-" I paused as I glanced at my hands, they were red and even had a few blisters on them.
"Ok... maybe I'm a little burned..."
Akari sighed heavily.
"Robin, get a basin of cold water, tweezers, peroxide, towels, bandages and cast material, the basin of cold water for Cress first though. We don't want her hands getting worse."
"Aye aye captain." Robin gave Akari a weird salute before stepping out of our section of the hut to get all of the supplies.
"Now, tell me more about this alpha ability Cress." Akari demanded.
"Well I'm not sure how I did it, I was just angry that Alex was hurting Asher and I felt this.... I don't know how to explain it.... It was like a ball of warmth and comfort, something powerful, and when it grew to the point where I couldn't contain it I flicked my wrist and Alex just went flying. He hit his head on a tree and was knocked out cold."

"Sounds just like your mom." She snickered.
"Jack told me that one time when she was training she went to high and smacked her head on the ceiling. Another time she ended up making a paint bucket explode and she was covered in dark green paint for most of the day."
I laughed while Robin brought the basin full of water in.
"It's super cold but you have to keep your hands in it if you want it to help." Akari ordered as she moved it over to me. I nodded softly and stuck my hands in tentatively, sucking in a breath as the ice cold water soaked into my burned palms.

Akari moved onto the boys, starting with Kaylus and removing the bullet. After it was out she poured the peroxide on his and Ashers wound to make sure they didn't get infected before finally wrapping them up with bandages and cast material. Akari told Kaylus that the way the bullet hit his bone, it cracked a little and so to avoid more damage he's going to have to wear a cast for a little while. After everyone was cleaned up I was ordered not to use my hands too much and to soak them frequently before we left and went to our designated huts to rest.

Two hours later when I was sure everyone one asleep I packed up a small bag of items, wrote a quick note just in case I wasn't back in time and left for Fuego's cabin.

A/N I promise the little fight here is leading to something, hence why Cress goes back to Fuego. I hope you guys like it so far!
On a quick sidenote, who thinks Kaylin -Kaylus and Robin- is the way to go hm???? No judgement, let me know!