Chp 19

A week and a half later

I sat on my bed with Ashers head resting on my lap. I stroked his ears in thought.

Nothing big has happened since Asher met Mahira and now it's my birthday, though there was nothing planned. Asher and I decided to chill since our parents and siblings were all busy with an assortment of things. Thinking something would happen really puts a damper on my mood.

"I just remembered I have to grab something from town, wanna come with?" Ashers question pulled me from my thoughts and I glanced down to find him staring up at me with sparkly puppy dog eyes.
"Sure Ash, it gives us something to do." We got up and took our time walking to town, occasionally Asher would shift into something small and sit on my shoulder or head, which later earned him a smack to the back of the head each time.
Soon enough we entered a Walmart and each grabbed a cart -to race around of course. We started at the entrance and raced over to the chips aisle. The whole point was to see who was paying, if you got the most, you pay and if you don't you owe the winner an unbreakable deed. So basically if I won and told Asher he'd have t make dinner for a month, he'd have to. Seeing as how I had no idea what we were going for I filled my cart with three party sized bags of red Doritos, two family sized bags of flamin' hot Cheetos and a party sized bag of Cheeto puffs. After all my chips were in the cart I ran off towards the drinks where I got five boxes of twelve cans of rootbeer, vanilla cream and coke.

"C'mon slow poke!" I shouted towards Asher who just entered the soda aisle with regular Cheetos, pretzels, and BBQ lays while I ran towards the registers.
I picked up a Dr Pepper and a couple Reece cups for myself and Ash on my way.
I quickly started loading everything onto the belt while Asher caught up, he'd grabbed two cases of Dr Pepper and one more of each of the kinds I got, as well as a small bag -it was small enough to fit in the palm of his hand- with something inside that he wouldn't let me see.
He added all of his stuff to the belt and shoved his card into the pin pad before I could pull mine out.

"Asher! I was supposed to pay." I pouted, removing his card as the machine dinged.
"Don't worry, you'll still be able to call on me whenever." He promised, kissing my cheek and helping me load everything back up.
"I just wanted to pay for it, it is your birthday." I squinted at him but didn't bother arguing, knowing he'd still insist on doing it.
We paused as we realized we didn't have a vehicle to bring any of it back in before filling the oddly quiet parking lot with our laughter.
"I can't believe you knew we'd get a bunch of stuff but didn't think to ask for a car." I accused between laughs.
"Hey you didn't either!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah, but I never bothered to get my license, I know you did."
".... Dangit...."

"I'll call my mom to see if she can pick us up." I pulled out my phone and dialed her number, tapping the sidewalk with my foot quietly. She answered on the fifth ring, huffing for breath.
"Hey Cress, what's up?" Her voice sounded panicked and rushed, making me frown.
"Is something wrong at home?"
She was silent for a moment, so silent that I heard shouting and screaming -painfilled screaming-.
"Mom!?"
"Listen honey, don't come home ok? It's not safe right now."
I whimpered softly.
"What's going on?"
"Just don't come home, everything will be fine. I promise, stay safe."

The call clicked off and I stared at Asher, hands shaking.
"We have to go back." I demanded, shoving my phone in my pocket.
"It'll be ok Cress." Asher promised, moving our groceries somewhere no one would look before taking my hand and taking off towards the pack territory.
I smelt it before I saw it. The fire and smoke burned my eyes and nose as we neared the territory, but I kept running, calling out names at random and hoping everyone replies.
I heard distant laughing and putu remaining energy into my legs when I heard my sisters calls for help. There, in the middle of the fire and chaos stood the man who haunted my dreams, standing over my little sister as she cried out for help.
"Arie!!" I screamed, aiming my focus on the man behind it all. My fury burned my insides and it consumed me, I saw red as my wolf began fighting for control, as the warm energy swirled and danced in my gut, ready to be used. I launched myself at the man, using my ability to push myself harder, faster, and knocked him to the ground.
"You dare threaten my friends. My family." I snarled angrily, clawing at his arms while he tried to shove me off. A mask and his hood covered his face and head, making it impossible for me to identify him.
"You're all monsters, you deserve everything coming to you." I felt my anger rolling off of me in waves, sure everyone wishing a five mile radius could feel it. The warm angers began burning, aching to be used and set free, urging me to end this fight quickly. But I wanted him to suffer, just how he made the ones I love suffer.

I let out an inhumane roar and punched him square in the jaw, not feeling the sharp jab of pain as something in my hand broke from impact, thanks to my adrenaline. He let out a shout of pain before bucking and throwing me off of him so he could stand. I landed on my feet a little was away, yet launched myself put him again only to get a glowing ball of green fire thrown at me. I narrowly dodged it, allowing it to hit a tree behind me, before I lifted my hands and let the energy grow before I shoved it out towards the man, throwing him backwards.

I growled as he stuck the landing, using some of his own magic, and went after him again. I could hear my parents soothing Arie and trying to get closer, but something was stopping them. And then I realized the mystery man put up a forcefield so him and I could fight alone. Uninterrupted. My anger burning like a wildfire, I continued to use my ability against him, throwing him backwards or throwing different items lying around at him.
Before long I started to grow tired, I hadn't used my ability this much ever, it was beginning to wear me out. Seeing this, the man renewed his efforts, moving faster than I was able to while I struggled to stay awake. He knocked me back onto my back on the ground with one of his orbs, chuckling as if it was the funniest thing in the world.
"And here I thought fighting the alpha-to-be would be more entertaining." I snarled angrily, dazed and huffing, and tried to kick his feet out from under him.
"You're pathetic." He sneered, snatching the front of my shirt and throwing me to the side like trash.
I faintly heard Asher snarl as black spots danced in my vision, bringing a surge of energy flooding through my veins. I stood shakily, my wolf fully in control, and lifted myself from the ground, speaking in a dark, angry tone.
"You will never harm my family, friends or anyone else. This is your final breath." I promise, moving as fast as lightning to get in front of him and throw him into a tree, my angry expression turning calm as I slowly floated towards him.
"You should've chosen a better life." And with that, I cut off his air supply and let him pass out before throwing him to the ground for someone else to deal with and falling to the ground, everything going black as my consciousness started drifted away.

The End~

A/N Just kidding! I have a few more chapters left I promise!