Realizing [Chapter 3]

Johnny POV:

Ponyboy...

He was clutching onto me, his arms over my slim torso. His hands grasped onto my faded black shirt. He looked comfortable and relaxed. His expression was soft. I felt a light blush creep onto my skin. The tips of my ears burnt.

I was too scared to move. He might wake up. I didn't want that, he might be mad. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to panic. I grab onto his arm and gently remove it from my body.  Making sure to be quiet, I slowly used my arms to push myself off the bed. I looked back at him and smiled, he was so peaceful when he slept.

I fixed up my hair a little bit and started walking to the living room. Dally and Two-Bit were sitting on the floor watching tv and eating toast. Darry and Soda must've already gone to work. 

"Hi Johnny, how ya doing?" Dally asked me while turning his attention to me. 

"Oh, yeah good I guess." I answered tiredly. God, I was so tired.

"I can make some toast if you want? I'm gonna make some for Ponyboy anyway." He said while getting up from the floor and walking over to the small kitchen. Why was he being so nice? Good mood I guess. I liked this Dally more than the 'wanna be tough' one. 

"Yeah, if that's okay. Thanks." Deep inside I was trying to avoid food, but I couldn't let them know. They would all pity me, god, I hated when people pitied me. I didn't want anyone to worry. 

Brushing those thoughts away, I sat down on the floor next to Two-Bit who was still watching television. Mickey Mouse, like always. Even wearing his Mickey shirt. I watched the show for a while until Dally called me from across the house. I knew the food was ready so I got up and walked to the kitchen. 

"Thanks, I will wake up Pony after I eat." I say, then siting at the table. 

He walked away to go sit with Two-Bit again to watch television. I stared at the toast for a minute. I didn't wanna gain any weight, I was already insecure about my body. Some people said I look like a skeleton but I don't see it that way. I look fat and unattractive. I was so hungry, starving even but I was scared of the consequences. After minutes of arguing with myself,  my hunger won over my mind. I hesitantly took a bite of my toast. And it tasted like I was in heaven but at the same time it tasted like concrete. It tasted so good, bad too. I guess it's because I haven't had much 'real food' lately. My body just isn't used to eating much. My parents always ate out at the bar or a pub so not much food was left for me at home. Well, it is what it is. I wasn't too lucky but at least I got Pony and the gang to help me. 

I continued eating forgetting what might happen later to my body. I knew I would regret it but I felt so weak to care. I finished my toast and washed up my plate.  Remembering I had to wake up Pony I walked up to his room. I found his sleeping peacefully on his bed. I really didn't wanna wake him up but I gotta. 

"Pony. Wake up man, Dally made breakfast." I shook him until he was no longer in his deep sleep. 

"Mhm! Sleepy..." He mumbled while turning the opposite direction from me. His back was facing me. He was so stubborn when he was tired. I didn't want the food to get cold. Poor Dally made it for us and I didn't want it to go to waste. 

"C'mon man, Dally worked hard to make you toast. Don't want it to get all cold and stuff. Um... please g-get up." I pleaded and turned his body back so he was facing me again. 

"F-fine." He finally decided to corporate with me. He got up and washed his face and combed his hair into the usual hairstyle. 

I let him go out first and followed behind him. He sat down at the table and yelled out-