The Absence of Sunshine [Chapter 20]

In my active era 😍🤞🤞

3rd Person POV:

The sun streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the small bedroom. The weight of sadness hung heavily in the air. Johnny slowly opened his eyes, his mind clouded with the dream he had about Pony. As reality seeped in, his heart sank.
The thought of Ponyboy being away for an extended period weighed on Johnny's already fragile soul.

As he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, Johnny felt an unrelenting heaviness in his chest. He walked to the mirror and caught a glimpse of his reflection. He looked tired and defeated. He tried to shake off the sadness that clung to him, but it clung tighter, suffocating his spirit.

Breakfast time came, but Johnny found himself unable to eat. His appetite had deserted him, leaving behind a void that mirrored the emptiness he felt inside. He sat at the kitchen table, staring blankly at the untouched plate of scrambled eggs and bacon in front of him. If only Pony was there to guild him through it like usual.

Two-Bit was quick to notice Johnny. He had been friends with Johnny long enough to understand his moods, and today, something was definitely off. Two-Bit walked over and patted Johnny's back, concern pasted across his face.

"Hey, Johnny, what's eatin' ya?" Two-Bit asked, his voice laced with genuine worry.

Johnny glanced up, a faint smile flickering on his lips before fading away. "It's nothing," he replied softly. "I just ain't too hungry, but I'm fine. Don't worry."

Two-Bit sighed as he sat down next to Johnny, trying to offer some reassurance. "I know, buddy. You've gotta try and eat something. It ain't healthy to go without food."

Johnny nodded, understanding Two-Bit's attempt to cheer him up, but the emptiness remained. Though it was strange, since when did Two care so much about his eating habits. Did Pony tell Two? No, he wouldn't embarrass Johnny like that.

Steve walked into the kitchen. He raised an eyebrow, trying to dismiss Johnny's state of mind. "Quit bein' so dramatic Two. Johnnys fine, he'll survive."

C U in the N T bitch. Get your cunty ass out of there Steve. You aren't welcome in this home anymore 🙄🙄

Steve's words stung Johnny like a slap to the face. He had hoped for understanding, for someone to acknowledge the depth of his emotions. Instead, he received dismissal. Though he wanted this "eating disorder" to only be between him, Pony and Darry, he craved attention and reassurance from others. It was a difficult feeling to describe. It was like Johnny wanted help but couldn't bring himself to ask.

But Johnny, being Johnny, was adept at concealing his feelings. He gave Steve a weak smile.

Throughout the day the defeated teen moped around the Curtis' house as if he was expecting his boyfriend to randomly appear back home.

"Hey Johnny have you had lunch? I'm goin' out to get some fast food and was wondering if you wanted some." Two randomly asked out of the blue.

"Uh, yeah I made myself a sandwich." The black haired boy lied without hesitation.

Twos eyebrow raised in suspicion. "But their isn't any plate in the sink or drying rack."

"Yeah, it's because um, I put it back into the cupboard." At this point Johnnys heart was beating uncontrollably and it felt as if he was being interrogated. His hands became clammy and his body started to overheat. It almost felt as if he was looking at the situation from a third person view, he started to mentally disappear.

"Okay bud, whatever you say. I'm gonna go now, bye man!"

Johnny let a big sigh of relief. His then overheated body was now ice cold due to the perspiration. He took some deep breaths to calm his body.

'That's was close. Lucky it was Two, if it was Dally he would've kept pressing on about it.' Johnny thought to himself.

The nervous boy decided to watch some TV to get his mind off the stress.

I'll try to speed run the rest of this tomorrow. Love you bbg 😍🥰