Will he love or hate us? [Chapter 14]

Third person POV

"What the fuck"

Both boys felt their stomachs sink in a split second. If it was Two or Soda they would've been fine but they didn't know if Darry was accepting or homophobic.

"Darry I-" Ponyboy started but quickly got interrupted by the older man.

"Why are you guys kissing?!" His voice boomed, as if the windows were going to break any second.

Both Johnny and Ponyboy were now standing up so they didn't seem as vulnerable. They both stayed close for protection.

"Darry, I-I don't know if you're gonna take this so well but..." The blonde boy trailed off, he was hesitant to admit his secret.

"Well?"

"Johnny an' I are dating! You are homophobic like the rest of society...ain't you?" The younger boy exclaimed in fear.

Darry was just another member of society who believes that being gay is bad, right?

The 21 year old was speechless. He always knew that something was up with the both of 'em but he didn't actually think they were gay.

At this point Johnny was shaking and clinging onto his boyfriends arm for comfort. God, Darry was stronger than them. He could just beat both of them in any given second. 

"Well I..." Darry started "I don't see much of a problem I guess..."

"What?!"

"I mean, I ain't hating on no gay people but just ain't my thing. If you guys are happy then I think it's okay. Don't do no stupid shit though or I will care." He admitted sternly while pointing to both of them.

By the time he finished his speech both of the younger boys were sobbing all over the place. They've never been more relived than this. They were nearly certain they were going to get the beating of their life.

"T-Thank you Darry!" Blurted out Johnny while hugging his boyfriend.

They were so worked up over this situation that they forgot that Johnny had no shirt on, exposing his rather... skinny figure. Unhealthily skinny figure.

Darrys POV

Wow was I surprised that they were gay but there's something I didn't notice. Johnnys body. I felt bad if I brought it up but I couldn't help notice how skinny he is. No way that was 'fast metabolism'. You ain't getting that skinny without starving yourself.

"Hey Johnny, if ya don't mind me asking... Why are you so skinny?" I asked in the politest voice I could make.

He darted his chocolate brown eyes toward me and sighed deeply. Now I was getting concerned. A long period of awkward silence occupied the moment.

"Darry I don't know how to say this but..." he stopped suddenly. He looked over to Pony with pleading eyes. They could always communicate without talking.

My kid brother whispered something to him and nodded.

"Darry um, I think Johnny has Anorexia, I think that's what it's called." He said in a gentle almost calming tone.

My eyes went wide and I felt guilt wash over me. Wasn't 'anorexia' a type of eating disorder where you starve yourself?

"So, is he starving himself...?"

"Y-Yes."

I looked over to Johnny and made eye contact with him. He looked away, clearly embarrassed of his secret.

"Hey, hey Johnny. Don't worry kiddo, we'll help you. We love you and we are gonna do everything to help you. Don't stress it." I reassured him and pulled him in for a hug.

The feeling of his small body against mine felt weird and unusual considering he is a teenage boy but I wasn't going to judge.

I could feel him sobbing into my shoulder wetting my shirt but I didn't mind so much.

We pulled away and he smiled at me, a grateful, appreciative smile.

"Well, I'm going to go and hang out downstairs. When I make dinner I'll let you two stay upstairs. Johnny, please eat a little. I know it's going to be difficult but please try. Ponyboy, you help him through it." I said while closing the door and leaving them in there.

I really hope Johnny will be able to get to a healthy weight and mindset again. He was never overweight, I wonder what made him think he was fat. Maybe Socs or parents? Who ever it was I was gonna knock their lights out.

That was mid and short 😐 At least I updated though. Got nothing better to do anyway. I'll hopefully update again soon 🙌