Suspicion [Chapter 16]

Ponyboys POV:

We walked downstairs to see most of the gang hanging out. Dallas was missing, he must be at Bucks or with Tim somewhere. For fucks sake he could be in the cooler again for all I know.

"Oooo! What were you guys doin' up there?" Two hollered loudly from the living room. I could recognize a teasing like tone.

I turned over and saw Johnny had a dark blush on his face. I soon felt my own face burn up as well.

"Nothing Two! We were just eating dinner!" I yelled back annoyed, entering the semi crowded living room.

"Sureee you weren't doing nothing"

'Geez we weren't even doing anything, nosy bitch' I thought to myself

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the unoccupied couch, so did Johnny. I snuck my arm around his shoulders. I wanted to show affection but so it wasn't TOO cheesy or romantic.

We were all just watching the tv until something caught my eye. I glanced at Steve who was touching Sodas leg? Not in a platonic way either... Soda had a pinkish tint brushed on his cheeks too. Oh god, were they dating? Not that I cared, just seemed somewhat weird. They were best buddies forever and the thought of them liking each other never crossed my mind. I guess Johnny and I have been best buddies for ages too, I can't really say anything.

I sigh and dismiss the weird situation to keep watching the show that was on.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Dally walked in. He looked a little tipsy but nothing new, he was always gettin' himself drunk. He stop in his tracks and stared at me weirdly. I guess it was because I had my arms over Johnny's shoulder in a 'loving'  way?

He just rolled his eyes dramatically and went into the kitchen to grab a cup of water. I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable from the look I got from him but I pushed it aside and kept my eyes glued to the bright tv.

The show was starting to get real interesting, well, to me at least. It was like a murder mystery, I guess. I was too invested in trying to figure of the criminal that all my senses stopped caring about my surroundings and were only focused on the small tv. Almost a numb feeling.

I was interrupted by a heavy weight on my shoulder. I saw Johnny asleep against my body, hugging it slightly. I smiled to my self and rubbed his shoulder soothingly. It was a bit cold so having his warm body heat mine was nice.

I felt someone staring at me so I looked over to see Dallas staring at me AGAIN. But this time his stare was more menacing that curious. He looked like he was going to rip my head off and kill me. I wouldn't quite figure out if it was because I was showing romantic affection to Johnny, like him being overprotective of him or him hating queers. Either way it was scary to see him looking at me like that. Especially him having a reputation as a juvenile delinquent.  

Time went by and the show ended to I stood up to go get something from the kitchen. Maybe a snack or some chocolate milk. I was half way there when I was pulled away against my will. I was too shocked to react so I just let the mystery person drag me away.

Omfg Pony out here getting kidnapped in his own house and he doesn't even fight back 💀

The dragging suddenly stopped and I saw who the mystery person was.

Dallas Winston

I knew I was going to get beat up right then and there based of those menacing looks back in the living room. I was ready fight back if needed, although my combat skills are absolute shit compared to Dal.

"Oi kid, what are ya doing touching Johnny like that?" He asked sternly.

"Oh um..."

Was it the best choice to tell Dally we were dating? I mean the rest of the gang was here so if he tried to attack me they could save me? Yeah, fuck it.

"W-Well, Johnny and I are um..." I paused nervously "We are datin' alright?"

"WHAT?" He exclaimed in a shocked tone.

"Calm down man! I'm treatin' him right." I tried to explain, avoiding gaining an enemy.

Dal sighed unimpressed and walked away, out the door. His reaction wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. I still wasn't sure if he was homophobic though. He better not tell any of his greaser friends or they will probably all gang up on me.

The adrenaline dies down and I go back to the couch to see my boyfriend sleeping peacefully. Too bad I'm about to end that though.

"C'mon babe, get up" I whisper while shaking him gently.

No response. I shake him again but a little less gentle this time. I hear him mumbling 'no' and shifting around, his back facing me.

God, I hated when he was stubborn AND tired but I have to admit it is pretty cute.

"Soda said he is sleeping at Steve's house tonight. The bed will be more comfy than sleeping on the couch." I said in a convincing tone, almost like a business man.

Soda at Steve's house? 🤨

"Mmmm okay..."

He got up and walked up the stairs to my room and quickly got under the covers. I also got in and pulled his body toward mine, spooning him. God, was he warm. I felt his chest rise up and down each time he took a breath. It was somehow soothing and helped he fall asleep quicker.

Before I knew it my conscious was slipping away and everything went dark.

Sorry for the kind of slow updates omg 😭

I just don't know what to write and also don't have much motivation but anything for you guys 😻