It Started When an Alien Device Did What It Did

A young boy with pale skin, electric blue eyes, and dark, almost black, green hair was seen walking through a populated city. This 5-year-old boy was Izuku Yagi, son of Toshinori Yagi/All Might, the number 1 hero of Japan, and Inko Yagi a 'stay-at-home mom'. He was wearing black sweatpants that were a size too small and a long sleeve white shirt; he had bandages on his hands and face and it was obvious he had been crying. "Stupid Kacchan. Stupid Imaizumi,'' he then sniffled and cleaned the tears from his face with his palm and continued. "Those explosions, rocks, and punches hurt. They aren't heroes, heroes wouldn't do this to me, even if I'm powerless.''

The boy then thought about the word powerless, his curse. You see, the world is protected but also threatened by 4 pillars. Quirks, Metagenes, Aliens, and Geniuses.

Quirks, the genetic miracle that came out of nowhere that a grand majority of the populace possess. These abilities are diagnosed at age 44 and range from having a T.V for a head to having the ability to cause tornadoes.

Metagenes, the gene that a small percentage of the human race has to survive catastrophic events. However, some just spontaneously generate. These, while rarer are much stronger than quirks on average. You can destroy a building with a scream or you can put an entire city under a blizzard.

Aliens are usually the strongest. Anything that is even slightly different than a human or someone who gains power from alien technology, such as an Atlantean, Amazonian, or the Blue Beetle and Green Lantern falls under this category. However the most known aliens are Superman, the Kryptonian who is nothing short of a god on Earth, and Martian Man Hunter, the Martian being comparable to Superman.

Then there are the geniuses, the normal humans, who with their smarts or riches can let them stand on an equal level with everyone else. The most known is Lex Luthor, the genius billionaire who goes head-to-head with Superman on a regular basis.

Then, there are the powerless. They had no quirk or metagene and were certainly no alien or genius. These people made up less than 10 percent of the global population and were located in more western countries. In the east, most everyone had a quirk and there were a few of the rest sprinkled in there but in the west was the opposite. The quirk population wasn't that big and there were more metahumans and aliens. Geniuses were split about even, but the ones in the west gained more traction in terms of popularity..

Izuku was one of the powerless, but living in Japan, where over 95 percent of the population had some sort of power, had him outcasted; even by his own family. No one treated him exceptionally bad, mostly because he was a minor, except for the kids his age, but for the most part, no one interacted with him. They thought that he would rub his 'uselessness' off on them and they made sure to tell him. Since his fourth birthday, he barely had interactions with other people, and the times people paid him attention was always negative. This caused Izuku to feel depressed, lonely, and useless.

At the thought of his powerlessness, his mood which was already low lowered even further. He shook his head and smiled, "It doesn't matter if I don't have a quirk or a metagene, or that I'm not an alien, or that I'm not a genius. I don't need any of that to be a magician." He then kept on walking with a smile.

He then stopped at the door to a large apartment. He pulled out a key and opened the door. "I'm home,'' he announced as he went to the kitchen. He went to get a glass of water when he saw a note on the fridge.

"Sorry Izuku, but we had to go do some work and Imaizumi went to a friend's house. There is food in the fridge and an emergency contact list on the counter. Stay safe.'' Izuku sighed and muttered, "This is every day, I should have expected it." He then went to the fridge and grabbed his food and heated it up and ate while he went to do some homework.