o n e

I jolted awake, hearing Lori, Carl, and Shane panicking. I jumped of my bed, dashing over to Shane, trying to understand what was happening. I barked, in confusion, as well as the tv being so loud, "reports of big groups of cannablists endangering the lives of men, women and children. It seems that people are dying, and coming back as well, zombies. Well there you have it folks zombies now roaming the earth"

I drowned the rest of it out, when Lori hissed at me, "Quiet Finn."

Shane began running back and forth to the car putting stuff in there, where was Rick? I never heard him come home yesterday. I hope he's okay.

Lori gave me a heavyish bag, and told me to put it in the car for her, which I gladly obeyed, dashing after Shane, my paws skidding along the floor as I turned the corner. He held the boot open for me, as I put the back in gently, before trotting back into the house.

As soon as I neared the door, Shane told me to get in the car, so I hopped into the cramped backseats, with an overly eager Carl folloeing in suit. The second Loti got in, the engine roared to life, and we sped off down the road, away from the city.

While on the road, we met these people, Sofia, who was Carl's age, and her mom and dad, Carol and Ed. I didn't like Ed. Both Sofia and Carl seemed to be scared of him.

Sofia and Carl were playing some game or other with counters, Er was smoking, and I was led on the floor outside next to Shane.

There was a sudden rumble that cut through the sky, before Sofia stated, "Can we go soon?" Carl butted in, "yeah I'm starving." Lori replied to him sympathetically, "I know we all are."

Carol kindly asked, well more like stated, "why don't I get something for him to eat?" I liked Carol, she was nice unlike many others out there.

She went round the side, and I heard a car door open, and then Ed disappeared round the corner and the car door slammed shut. I followed Carol, and saw Ed getting all up in her space, I swear she is gonna flip one day, and kill him. Or at least I hope she will.

"What in the hell did you tell her that for?" Okie Dokie, I think I am going to help Carol out here. "We don't even know these damn people." Carol began, "The boy is hungry, we can spare one box." I got lost in to thought, and Ed's voice brought me back to reality, "stop listening in you mangy mutt." He spat at the ground in Hope's of hitting me. Nu uh, not today. I took a few steps forwards and let out a menacing snarl, while still moving forwards. I could feel my fur rising up, and before he could stop me, I sunk my teeth into his arm, latching onto his bleeding limb. I felt him kick me in the side, hard. He kicked me again, only causing me to bite harder. He let out a noise of pain, and the next thing I knew, was that one hand attached itself on my fur, the other my collar, both yanking me back.

I met the ground with a yelp, only to see Shane standing above me. I cowered, beginning to shake with fear. If there's one thing Shane and Rick knew, it was that I was scared of people yelling at me, thinking they would hurt me. His face changed in an instant, as he reached down to pick me up.

I went limp in his arms, and let him lay me down across the back seats of our car, where I let my eyes close.

I opened my eyes, and we must've spent hours of driving, and we had just reached a fire, perched on the top of a mountain, where a comfy looking camp was set up. We welcomed in, although a few people were giving me some funny looks, no promblemo people, I'll stay out of your hair so long as you stay out of my fur.

Overall, the people in camp were quite nice, well mostly. There were even kids Carl's age there, yay more fun for me. Means I get to be poked and prodded some more.

There was Daryl, and his brother Merle, both seemed a bit shady, and seemed like the type of people you don't want to mess with. Then there was Carol, her dick of a husband Ed, and Sofia, although we've already met them. There was also Morales, and his two kids.

Tha fully that was as far as the number if kids went, but there were still plenty of others. There was Andrea, her sister Amy. Glenn, Dale, Jim, T-dog, and last but certainly not least Jacqui.

This was now going to be our new home, and I was okay with it, and watched intently as our tents were set up. Carl and Lori shared, while I went with Shane, although I over heard Lori say something about Carl sleeping in the RV tonight, with Sofia.

After a but of time Shane sent a group out to the city, consisting of Glenn, Andrea, T-dog, Morales, Jacqui, and surprisingly Merle, to be honest I think he was only going so that he could escape camp for a while, and to blow of some steam.

A few months had passed, and the group had never returned, and I found that quite sad seen as though Glenn was really nice.

After a while, Carl and Sofia were sent to the RV to go and sleep as per usual, and since I had nothing else better to do, I went with them.

I curled up into Carl's side, with the blanket draped over both hima and me, while Sofia had her own blanket. That didn't stop her though from keeping joining in too. I mean after all, it was pretty cold to me, and considering I had a fur coat and they don't, damn it must be cold indeed.

I snuggled up closer, before drifting off to sleep.

I know it isn't the longest of all chapters, but it is more of a filler chapter if I'm being quite honest.

1 0 7 1 words.