s i x

I woke up, to someone whistling, yet it was enough for me to know, to stand at Rick's side. We followed after Lori, and Carl, me trotting along happily.

We made it to the dining hall, and everyone started to walk in, getting food, and talking about how hungover Glenn was. I called it!

Rick put a plate down on the floor, consisting of scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. Man this guy treats me like a Queen. I didn't hesitate a millisecond, in scarring down the whole plate.

When I looked up, from licking all the crumbs up, I saw everyone walking out the door, following after Jenner.

When I caught up, we were in the computer room again. A human brain was up on the screen, and I didn't even understand half the crap that was going on. "It's a person's life - experiences, memories. It's everything. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you - the thing that makes you unique. And human." Shane looked at Lori, and then looked down.

Something is going on between them two. It has been for a while. After Rick supposedly "died". The moment we got here, they started acting all suspicious. They would go into the woods together, and come back looking a mess. I'm not stupid. I may be a dog, but I'm telling you now. I'm not stupid.

I tuned back in, to hear Dale speaking, "Dr. Jenner, I know this had been taxing for you and I hate to ask one more question, but.." Dale trailed off, pointing at a clock that was displayed on the wall, "That clock - it's counting down. What happens when it gets to zero?"

"The basement generators - they run out of fuel," Jenner said without making any eye contact.

I walked over to Rick, and nudged his hand, urging him on. "And then?" Jenner walked away. "Vi, what happens when the power runs out?"

The automated voice cut through the air, "When the power runs out, facility-wide decontamination will occur."

I led on the floor, next to Carl who was reading or something. I wasn't paying attention, because I knew bad shit was gonna go down, and we wouldn't all make it out alive. And the person behind it all? Jenner. Evil, Jenner.

I whined, and stood up, sending something bad was about to happen any second, and scratched the door.

Not more than a second later, we heard a sound stop, and Lori put her hand where the air should be coming out. I knew it.

She opened the door, to poke her head out, but that granted me access to charge down the hallway, while the lights shut off. I was gonna go find Jenner, and end him once and for all. I heard Lori calling out my name, but I didn't respond.

Speak of the devil. He walked passed, and engaged in conversation with the others. "Energy use is being prioritized."

"Air isn't a priority? and lights?" Dale questioned.

"It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down." Buildings can't do shit, man.

I bolted after him, while hearing Daryl, "Hey! Hey, what the hell does that mean?" He continued walking, and I was so ready to kill him. "Hey, man, I'm talking to you. What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do anything?" Exactly!?

"You'd be surprised, " Jenner stated cockily. That's it, I've had enough of this motherfucker.

I jumped up, and sunk my teeth into his arm. He let out a pained scream, and as everyone gathered, most people stared at me in shock, wide-eyed.

I tugged at his arm, hard, causing more blood to flow from the wound. Surprisingly, the only blood on me, was the blood on my mouth, but that still didn't stop me.