t w e n t y - e i g h t

I opened my eyes adjusting to the light, and stood up to stretch, feeling all my limbs go into place.

I shook out my flattened fur, and trotted upstairs happily to see Carl, with Judith. I sat myself on the ground by Judith, and led down gently so I was more her height.

She grabbed onto my collar, and pulled herself up, to throw her arms around me, clearly happy to see me. I licked her cheek gently, and let her snuggle into the warmth of my fur.

I looked up to see Diesel and Nala heading my way excitedly, smothering me with licks as soon as they reached me. I heard the chuckle of Max, as he came over to join me, Toby trotting after, eagerly.

I watched as my pups began to wrestle each other, with the occasional thump as one of the 9 week olds pups would come into contact with the ground.

I nuzzled Judith lightly, causing a giggle to escape from her small lips. I pulled away, and Max nudged Judith back a little, practically predicting the next few events.

My eyes stung, and started watering a little as I sneezed, whacking my head of the floor with a loud bang, followed by the sound of Judith giggling.

I repeated this action two times more, causing Carl to come rushing in to our aid, hearing loud bangs, "Finn, you good?" He asked me concerned.

I gave him a small nod of confirmation, and he just scoffed before resuming whatever the hell he was up to before. I stood up, and spoke up, "Behave pups, be good for Carl and Max, because so help me Dog, if I have to come back here to find out you've been up to no good I'll end you. Another words, be safe my darlings :)"

I skidded down the stairs to see Carl already there, he grabbed the harness he had got me one of the previous days before and began to put it on me. I mean, I had nothing against this harness. It was a damn sight comfier than my old K-9 one.

It added so much weight and strained my back a little, even if it did keep me safe, it wasn't that nice, although I'd always be super hyped to go to work. Now, well now I'm just grateful to not really have a job, I already have one, protecting my family.

 Now, well now I'm just grateful to not really have a job, I already have one, protecting my family

Carl opened the front door for me, and I galloped out freely, my tail going excitedly.

I rushed down the steps aggressively, feeling the sun's warm rays of light heating up my fur. I held a doggish grin on my face, and started off down the street.

I saw Rick approaching Deanne and I sped over before coming to a halt at his heels, "I'm sorry for what happened.How are you holding up?"

"I'm not."