t h i r t y

I don't remember much after that night. All I remember is bring too overwhelmed and I found myself back in that cellar.

Why?

To get away from everyone and everything. More to the point I ran into one of the doctors of Alexandria. She decided to run a few checks over me see how I was healing and took a blood sample to check out my blood apparently.

Of course it didn't settle well with me and I tried to snap at her subconsciously.

From there someone dragged me home where Carl stood at the door welcoming me in. Rick had come back shortly after and they had a quick conversation about me right in front of my face.

In the end it was settled that I was to be put in "isolation".

Apparently I had started to act out, which led to me here and now trapped in solitary confinement, while the people and cars above rushed about.

Something was going on but hey, who informs the murderous dog who can actually do something about it.

My thoughts got carried away after awhile only to realise that I hadn't seen my pups in days.

I was starting to miss Nala's incessant whining, she took after her father clearly. Toby was pretty much the same. Diesel was different though, while other his siblings and his parents were jet black, he had small tan patches which had started to appear on his fur.

Yet again my fur had recently started to do the same, confusing. I wonder what would happen if I just decided to leave it be.

After a while of being bored out of my mind I started to scan my surroundings and saw a small window leading to the outside world. My mind had seemed to lack at the fact that the silence outside had grown into screams and cries and frantic running.

I started my renovation rearrangement project. It was rough. Scratches were left all across the floor as I created myself a small staircase u0 to this magical window.

To my luck I found out it just had to be a pull window. Damn theses dog paws I need thumbs.

Thankfully, there was a small rock wedged in the gap of keeping fully shut. It was small but it was enough for me to push my nose in the gap and to flick the window open.

I hopped out and shook my fur out glad to be back in both the safety of my harness and headcollar and everything, not quite sure why but it was a familiar feeling that was rather comforting.

Just as I started to notice the lack of my family here, of course combined with the blood and screaming, I heard a massive crash and a horn started to go off. I whined in pain and pushed myself to the ground batting at my ears to try get some form of relief as the loud deafening noise continued on and on.

I found myself to remain on the ground for some time stunned to move.

My head felt like it was spinning as I saw a dirtied man approach with blood on his forehead in the shape of a 'w'.

A sharp breath left my body, as I simultaneously forced myself to get up. I held back a whine as my side began burning up in pain.

The man pulled out a fucking axe, as I bared my teeth with a growl as I took on an aggressive form. I felt a similar figure slightly larger than me to pass by and take a position in front of me.

"MAX! What are you doing?!" I found myself fo be shocked as I fell into position at his side ready to fight.

"I'm protecting you, so you can go home to your pups, now go!"Max said as the guy began to swing his axe getting ready.