s e v e n t e e n

I opened my eyes wide, and took in my surroundings. Hershel was completely gone. Everyone was gone. Yet, Beth stood preoccupied with baby Judith while I blinked rapidly, trying not to blind myself because of the sun.

I stood, and stretched at my bones, feeling a satisfying pop as my joints fell back into place, ready and awaiting for any sort of action.

I walked forwards, and smelt pork sausage. There is no way in earth someone is having sausages, without giving me any.

I trotted down the hallways, and saw Joey holding a couple sausages in his hand. I jumped up, snatching one from his grasp.

He jumped back in surprise, "Ahh, Finn, ya cheeky bugger. Didn't half scare the shit out of me. Howay, do you wanna go see Jax," Joey teased.

My ears perked up, and I felt energy begging to dance through my veins. I poked my head through the door behind Joey, and saw a very pissed off looking Jax, tied to a sofa.

"You okay, you hurt? I overheard people talking about you, and what had happened. Are you-" Jax started ranting, so I cut him off by licking his face. "I'm fine, we're all good. Well I mean, except for you. You're all tied up to a flippin sofa, and you can't leave this room, I can." I snorted.

I stood back, as Joey pushed his way past me, so he could untie Jax's lead. Joey opened the door for us to go and do whatever.

I assume that this disease thing is under control. At least, I think. Otherwise I doubt we would've been let off, to go annoy some people by begging for food. It always worked out at the end of the day though. And plus, it killed some time. And of course we had plenty of time in this apocalyptic world.

I trotted outside, and was horrified by the sight.

Jax turned to me in shock, while I ran forwards. Hershel was on his knees behind the fence, next to Michonne.

And at the middle of it all, stood the one eyed dickless bitch, the governor. He held Michonne's katana to Hershel's neck.

Rick stood near them, but on our side of the fence.

"Everyone who's alive right now. Everyone who's made it this far. We've all done the worst kind of things just to stay alive. But we can still come back. We're not too far gone. We get to come back." The governor slowly started to move thr sword away at the sound of Rick's words, "I know that we all can change."

Everyone and everything went quiet, as Rick finished off his speech. The silence was so loud. Every second felt like a whole year, and my heart pounded in my chest, threatening to burst out.

"Liar"

I watched in slow motion, as the katana sliced into Hershel's neck.

Hershel was gone, just like that.

He felt to the floor, blood coating everything. The sound of Maggie and Beth's heart-wrenching sobs broke me, and my heart felt as though it had been punched. I let out a cry, and heard Rick scream, "NOO!"

He rose his revolver and fired the first shot, and bullets started to fly. I watched as the fence fell, with the cause of it being a tank. Several cars followed in after, while I just stood in shock.

There was nothing I could do in this type of flight. The only thing that was possible, was to run. "Come on Finn, come on we gotta go. We can't stay here anymore, it's not safe. Get to the bus, now! I'll hang back and help in any way I can, but you have to get on that goddamn school bus. I can't loose you or the pups. Be safe."

Jax nudged me towards the direction of the school bus,and I nashed over, trying my best not to get hit by any of the flying pieces of metal.

It was kind of like a really intense game of dodgeball, only if you got hit, you'd likely die. And there were no rules for where you couldn't hit.