Chapter 10

Your POV
I had finally made it to the restaurant and "OH MY SATAN ITS SO FANCY!!!!" I had yelled out loud, which I didn't mean to do but oh well people already think im crazy, might as well give them a reason.

"Yeah but it's even nicer inside." I heard a voice behind me.

"Ha thats what she said." I said without thinking much about it.

"Aye (Y/N), what am I gonna do with you? Is that really how you're supposed to talk in front of family?" The voice questioned me. Then it hit me.

"Holy shit" I had totally forgotten. How could I forget?? How could i forget that hes a coach?! He's literally my uncle!! My favorite uncle at that!! I haven't seen him in a while and this is the first thing I say in front of him?! I slowly turn around with an awkward smile and raise a hand to give him a wave.

"Heyo uncle Irihata." I gave a voice cracked chuckle as he rolls his eyes and moves towards me.

"I'll let it slide. As long as you give me a hug" he holds open his arms and I make my way towards him and open my arms as well as we embrace each other in a warm hug.

"Thanks uncle, I missed you. It's been a while since I've seen you, Gericka misses you too though I know yall've seen each other recently due to volleyball stuff." I slowly let go of the hug and back up a bit only to see a younger guy behind him. I give off a confused look.

"Huh?" My uncle turns around and then turns back to me. "Aaaah this is my assistant coach his name is Sadayuki Mizoguchi." He gestures to the man.

"Oh, uh hello I'm (L/N) (Y/N), its nice to meet you." I bow a little before him in greeting and look back up to see his face super red and he quickly bows in greeting to me while stuttering out a nice to meet you too.

"Oh wow, now that we've got that greeting over with why don't we all go ahead and head inside. (Y/N) you can sit right next to me and we can share an appetizer." I turned around at the new voice that joined in and I saw keishin standing there with a weird look on his face, I couldn't quite place it.

"Ooooh yall know each other??" I turned towards my uncle and nodded my head.

"Yes we met when he came into my shop and then we started talking because geri pulled one of her tricks, but that's a story for another time." I say back to him as I start to walk into the restaurant and he follows after me.

Irihatas POV

I watch as my niece walks into the restaurant and I look back at Mizoguchi to see him standing there with a red face and startstruck.

"She's a beauty isn't she??" I ask as he becomes more red and starts to stutter.

"A-ah yes s-sir sh-she is." He speaks back to me.

"Yeah just be careful. It seems like someone's already got eyes for her." I look back to ukai and see him giving mizoguchi a death glare and I start to walk past him but stop.

"Save that jealousy for the court Ukai. I'm sure you have a chance with my niece, but we will beat you at the next match." I then proceed to walk into the building leaving him there dumbfounded.

Both Mizoguchi and ukai make their way into the building as well and then they try to fight over who is going to sit next to (Y/N) only for her to suggest that they both can sit on either side of her.

Your POV

I had noticed that the Mizocoochie, or whatever his name is, guy and Keishin were fighting over who was going to sit next to me, so I suggested they sit on either side of me.

~timeskippy~

Throught the dinner it's been nice, I've gotten to talk with a bunch of coaches and their wives were super nice as well, it was clear to me that Keishin and I were the youngest there, but that didn't really bother me much. No, what bothered me tonight was the guy sitting on my left trying to get my attention almost the whole night. It wasn't swear to just me, but everyone else at the table. Especially Keishin.