𝟎𝟑 - ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜɪᴇғ.

chapter three,
the book thief.

chapter three,the book thief

2001

‧₊˚ BELLAMY GILMORE sat in silence, her emotions got the best of her. she had been spending the entire car ride fighting her tears.

"i'm sorry"

the man in the driver's seat furrowed his brows, his attention flickering between her and the road ahead of him. "what are you apologizing for?"

she looked out the window, avoiding his gaze. "for calling you. mom didn't answer" she told him, her morning didn't exactly go well.

Dave Jennings had dropped a 35 pound weight on her foot, sending her to the hospital to get a cast. and of course Lorelai didn't answer, so she
called the one person she could count on.

"don't you go apologizing for needing me, Bella. i'm here, i'll always be here. you know that. you've got me"

she finally met his eyes, sending him a smile full of gratitude. "thank you, Luke. for everything" the man nodded his head, allowing his smile to show.

"who's the kid that did this to you? i'll kill him"
she let out a chuckle, "you couldn't even get close enough, he rinks" she told him, "he swims in the lake every morning and sometimes even brings frogs to class"

the man grimaced, grossed out by the thought of him.

"hey, maybe now i'll get people to sign my cast. rock and roll"

"why would you want people to sign it?"

"to show how popular i am"

he rolled his eyes, not even sharing a glance with her. "you? popular?" she let out a gasp, "excuse me lucas. i happen to be very popular"

"yeah, maybe while you're sleeping" he scoffed, "why do you want to go to the diner anyways? it's always dead between 11 and 2pm"

"well i don't want to go home. i'll be good company, i promise"

"if you want you can go upstairs and get some
rest" she smiled once again, "thanks"

"have you ever dreamed of going to college?"

he sighed, remembering what it was like when he was in highschool, and his dreams before his father died. "i wanted to go to Yale" he took her by
surprise with his answer, "really?"