𝟐𝟑 - ʀᴏᴏғᴛᴏᴘ.

chapter twenty-three,
rooftop date.

chapter twenty-three,rooftop date

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE felt awkward. whether it was from shared glances and hostile words shared between Dean and Jess or Jess giving short and witty responses each time Clara ( Dean's kid sister ) asked a question.

it was the winter festival, Rory had asked Bell and Jess to join them - ( Bell took it as an olive branch and accepted ). not wanting to deal with the bickering between Jess and Clara any longer, Bellamy grabbed his hand.

"hey, guys we're actually gonna go play that uh-" she looked around for a second, searching for an excuse to run away from the couple and tween.

"ring toss." Jess finished for her, silently thanking her for finally getting him away from Dean. "ring toss? can i come?" Clara asked, causing both Jess and Bell's eyes to widen.

the Gilmore girl didn't want to be mean - but she wasn't exactly a fan of kids, especially ones that couldn't keep every thought and comment to themselves. Clara was nice, though. but the young blonde wasn't a good mix with the certain Mariano boy who loved a good banter.

the pink haired girl set her eyes on Rory, silently begging for her sister to help her out. she got the hint, and sent her a small smile as she placed her hand on Clara's shoulder.

"actually, how about we go get a snow cone, Clara?" Rory asked the girl. before she could answer, Bellamy quickly grabbed her boyfriends hand and silently whisked him away.

"you're worse than a child!" Bellamy told him, earning a shrug from him. Jess went to defend himself, but it was no use - it was true. something about the Forester's absolutely bugged him.

"there's a good family competition, who's more annoying Dean or Clara" Jess joked, earning a laugh from the girl. Bellamy had never been a big fan of Dean - or well, at first he was okay, but she found him to be controlling and he had absolutely nothing in common with Rory.

he had his good qualities, sure. but his bad ones overpowered them, in her opinion. he was a know it all, when he didn't like somebody he made it known. and he was jealous. but Rory wasn't exactly a saint either so maybe they were good together?

Jess intertwined his fingers with hers, the girl looked around for their next activity to do. she hummed, not sure of what to do. "should we go home?" she asked.

the boy shook his head. "i have a better idea" he smirked. without another word, Jess dragged Bell away from the crowd and across the street.

"and that is? . ." she finally asked him, as they walked on the side of Luke's diner, in a passageway between luke's and the building beside it. he motioned his head toward the ladder.