𝟐𝟔 - ᴊᴏʜɴɴʏ ᴍᴀᴄʜᴇᴛᴇ.

chapter twenty-six,
johnny machete.

ੈ✩‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE sat awkwardly at the dining table of Richard and Emily Gilmore, staring down at her lap - the girl had only uttered a couple words before sitting down, but Lorelai and Rory hadn't seemed to notice

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE sat awkwardly at the dining table of Richard and Emily Gilmore, staring down at her lap - the girl had only uttered a couple words before sitting down, but Lorelai and Rory hadn't seemed to notice.

not like that was anything new.

in walked in a grinning Richard, his hands covered by oven mitts that were holding tightly onto the dish. "here we are - a treat for the masses" he placed it on the table, feeling accomplished.

"smells good, grandpa" Bellamy smiled sweetly at the man. she handed him her plate, where he piled on the food and handed it back to her.

"this was my favorite thing to eat as a boy. my gran used to make this for me whenever i was feeling a little sad - you know, if my cricket team lost or a girl i fancied turned up her nose at me."

sounds fitting for the situation. Bellamy Gilmore was all kinds of sad.

"well then load me up because there was this really cute chick at the pharmacy today. i used my best material on her and nothing." Lorelai joked.

Emily ignored her daughter, "Richard, at least let Piña serve it." she frowned as she accepted her plate from her husband. "no comment on my lesbian hilarity. my how far we've come."

Bellamy rolled her eyes, "maybe because being lesbian isn't funny?" it slipped out of her lips like butter - but she remained straight faced. she couldn't let them know that it was an accident. it was too late.

"that's a good point, Bellamy. isn't that friend of yours a lesbian?" Emily asked. "yes, grandma." the woman nodded her head, "a smart girl, men will drive you crazy"

a chuckle finally left Bell's lips, watching as her grandparents stared at each other - one offended, and one with a smirk. "i think that's quite the opposite, Emily."

"Piña will serve tiny, proper servings. Johnny Machete needs to be presented in a heap" Richard finally took his seat at the head of the table.

"Johnny Machete?"

"that's the name of this vile concoction."

Bell stabbed her fork into the plate, and took a bite. it looked disgusting, she had to admit. but the taste was unlike any other, and took her by surprise. "oh, wow"

"it's delicious" Rory complimented.

"it's not bad" Lorelai agreed, her mouth full of food. "it's 12 different colors" Emily complained, not liking the looks of it. "it's good, grandma"