𝟎𝟗 - ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ.

chapter nine,
accident.

chapter nine,accident

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE walked into Luke's diner, a wide smile apparent on her lips as she looked straight to the counter and saw a busy Luke.

her eyes traveled around the diner, and landed on none other than Rory and Jess. it was a strange pairing, she thought. unexpected.

she felt her smile falter, before heading over to a seat at the counter, right in front of where Luke was standing. "hi, Lucas"

"Bella. burger?" she nodded her head, her eyes landing on the pair once again. "to go, though" Luke hummed, but nodded as he went to make her burger.

she sat in silence, her hands twiddling with one another awkwardly. she didn't want to say anything to them, because what could she say?

hey? hey guys, what are you up to? hey! this is odd seeing you two together? she instead, remained to herself as she waited for Luke to come back with her food.

and thank god, he came back fast. "what are they doing?" she couldn't help but ask, her voice lowered and in a whisper tone. "i asked her to tutor him" he answered, his voice doing the same.

"tutor him? why didn't you ask me?"

he could tell she felt offended, his face softened in hopes that she wouldn't get upset. "well, i figured . . you two are friends- so you'd get distracted. they aren't, so she'd be all . . strict"

Bell hummed, before grabbing the bag. "okay" she forced a smile, she wasn't upset- she understood his reasoning. but she couldn't shake the pit forming in her belly.

"see you tomorrow?" she asked, to which she earned a nod in response. "be careful"

"always"

and so Bellamy headed home, and did her typical tuesday night doings. she ate on the couch while her favorite movie played- tonights choice, notting hill.

once the movie ended, she shut the tv off and got comfortable in a laying position, and her book in hand. her eyes scanned through her recent book of the month, one Jess had picked out for her.

Franny and Zooey. it was good, captivating. she couldn't say that it'd be a book that she'd pick out herself- but she didn't mind it, not one bit.

somewhere along the way, her eyes grew heavy and the teenager dozed off into a deep sleep. it had to have lasted about three hours before a loud door slam jolted her awake.

"what the fuck?" she rubbed her eyes, concerned at the sound, especially at midnight. the girl stood up, and followed the footsteps to Rory's bedroom.

"why- what happened here?" she questioned, her eyes traveling down to the blue cast suffocating Rory's wrist. "are you okay?"

"Rory got in an accident" Lorelai answered, tucking the girl into her bed. the action bothered Bellamy. where was this energy when she fractured her ankle?

"are you okay?" she immediately asked, finding herself walking over to her sister. "oh, yeah. just a sprain"

Bellamy's head snapped to Lorelai, "and you went to pick her up from the hospital?" the woman's eyes furrowed, as she nodded her head.

a scoff escaped Bell's lips. she didn't mean for it to happen, but her body reacted before her mind did. "i'm glad to know you're okay, Ror"

after that soft sentence- that she truly meant, she stormed out of her bedroom. "what the hell is wrong with you?" Lorelai called out, following after her.

"wrong with me?" she scoffed, "what's wrong with me?!" she covered her lips, chuckling in disbelief.

"well?"

every inch of her body was on fire. she was wide awake- and incredibly angry. "i fractured my ankle! and LUKE picked me up! because you were busy. everytime something happens to ME you're 'too busy' but anytime Rory has a minor inconvenience, you're right at her feet"

"you're comparing your ankle to a car accident?"

Bellamy laughed again. "it's not about my ankle! it's about the fact that you have a favorite! and you're not secretive about it either! you choose Rory, you act like i don't even exist!"

"that's not true"

"not true? ask Luke!"

"actually- screw this. i'm leaving" Bellamy ran up stairs and collected a bag full of clothes for the weekend. there was no way in hell she'd stay here.

"you're not going anywhere, Bellamy!"

"awe! you almost sound like my mom- had me convinced for a second"

after pulling a bag together, she got dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt along with her bunny slippers before leaving the house altogether.

Bell drove her way over to the payphone just a couple streets down, and typed in her grandmothers number.

a few rings ran through her ear, before finally the familiar voice spoke. "hello?" she definitely just woke up, and for that she felt bad. she hated the idea of waking up Emily.

"grandma?"

"Bellamy?" the girl felt a few tears fall down her cheeks. "i'm sorry to wake you. . could i come over?" on the other side of the phone, Emily shot out of bed and threw on her own slippers.

her face was scrunched up in concern, as well as confusion. "of course, darling. i'll come pick you up"

"i have a car . . . i just wanted to make sure"

"okay. you can always come over, Bell. anytime"

"i'll be there soon" she told her. Emily fought against asking any questions, "i'll be waiting"

"thank you, grandma"

"anything for you, Bell"