𝟐𝟒 - ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴍɪʟʏ.

chapter twenty-four,
meeting grandma

chapter twenty-four,meeting grandma

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE stabbed her last piece of french toast aggressively, earning a weird look from Jess behind the counter. "you good over there?" he chuckled, shaking his head.

she smiled innocently at him, before staring at his uncle who was leaned over the counter with a book in his hand, full concentration mode activated.

"i'm actually scared, who are you and what did you do with Luke?" Bellamy teased, concerned by his sudden interest in reading.

"ha. ha." he sarcastically responded, "move." Jess ordered, needing to pass by Luke so he could put the coffee pot back in it's place. "what? oh, sorry"

"ooh! more, more please" she grinned, holding out her mug.

Jess eyed her the same way Luke would often eye Lorelai, annoyed by the Gilmore coffee addiction. but he obliged, anyway. pouring the brown liquid into the mint blue coffee mug.

the teenage boy shifted his attention to the man beside him, furrowing his brows. he looked at his girlfriend, "what's that? he's reading?"

"he's reading." she confirmed.

"it's nothing" Luke told them. "i've never seen you reading" Jess observed. "Bellamy, have you ever seen him read?"

"never"

Luke rolled his eyes, looking between the two of them. "will you just - i read" he reiterated, already irritated by the two. not to mention he was stressed out over his date.

"what do you read?"

"i read"

"what do you read?"

"invoices, expiration dates."

"i stand corrected" Bellamy laughed at the bickering between the two, taking a sip of the freshly poured coffee. she watched as Jess grabbed the book out of his uncle's hands.

"hey!" Luke tried to take his book back, only for Jess to turn the other way and read it.

"hidden romantic gems of the restaurant world."

"well, well, well." Bell sang, Luke sent a death glare her way.

"i would like my property back, please" he crossed his arms. "planning something special?"

he shook his head, "no, nothing special. i'm just taking Nicole to dinner on friday and i wanna find a place"

"a place you dont normally go to?"

"yes"

"so, a special place" Jess emphasized the word.

"would you stop saying that word, please? and yes."