𝟏𝟐 - ᴋɪss.

chapter twelve,
kiss.

chapter twelve,kiss

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE never felt more uncomfortable. she had a specific hatred for dresses that fell below the knee.

they were incredibly unflattering, and this particular one itched more than normal. but that part might not be from the dress, and more-so the ants and spiders that surrounded her open toed heels.

Sookie St. James was getting married, and to Jackson- the man who supplied her produce at the inn. Bellamy was quite fond of the couple, of course, she absolutely adored the chef.

"you alright, Gil?" Jack asked, handed her the glass of champagne. she nodded her head, "hi, Sally" she greeted to the pretty blonde on Jack's shoulder.

"hi Bellamy. you look gorgeous"

"look at you!" Bell was flattered, she turned to Jack. "she's a keeper" the three let out a small fit of giggles, "want to dance?" he finally asked the blonde.

"of course"

Bell watched her best friend lead the girl to the dance floor, he put his arms around her waist and her arms wrapped around his shoulders.

it was truly the cutest thing she saw.

she watched them dance a few more rounds, before deciding it was time for a smoke break. so she headed out to a hidden area, not wanting anyone to catch her.

she sat behind a tree, and lit up the cigarette. she was tempted to bring weed- but it was a wedding after all. she figured it wasn't appropriate.

Bell enjoyed being to herself. with no one in sight. it was comforting, and she desperately needed it.

a few moments passed, before she heard someone talking- specifically her sister. "shit" she whispered, she thought she had found her.

but she was wrong.

boy, was she wrong.

her head peaked over her shoulder, her eyes had to have been deceiving her. Jess Mariano was not standing at the other side of the field.

Bell watched as Rory approached him, "what are you doing here?"

"hello to you, too"

"is everything okay?"

"why wouldn't it be?"

"what are you doing here?"

"i moved back"

"what?"

"i moved back"

"but w-why?"

"i just . . wanted to"

her eyes widened as she watched Rory lean in, taking hold of Jess' sides as she pulled him in for a kiss. he kissed back, Bellamy never felt so . . defeated.

of course, this would happen.

of course Rory would like the one guy that was so perfect for Bell. the one person that made her feel seen. and of course, he would like Rory. who wouldn't like Rory?

she couldn't take it anymore.

she fled.

Bell ran straight to her car, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone or anything. she had to get out of there, why was she not surprised?

Rory couldn't care less that Bellamy liked Jess too. hell, it was probably the main factor that drew her to kiss him.

she really wished she had brought her weed.

it was a big mistake not to.

Bellamy wanted to drive off, to go anywhere. but she knew that she wasn't in the right mindset to do so. she'd end up in an accident if she allowed herself to leave.

so she stayed in her car.

and sat in silence, allowing all of her built up emotions to escape. it was therapeutic, because she had never done this before.

she realized how much of her life that she spent being in Rory's shadow- it was her own fault. she allowed it to happen, she gave into it. because she didn't think she was good enough.

she even got herself to believe that Rory was the better twin, but it wasn't true. and it should've never felt like a competition. that part, wasn't her fault- but still, she gave in.

but that was no longer. she didn't wait to remain in Rory's shadow, being second best. she needed to . . reinvent herself. be someone she always wanted to be.

while still staying true to herself.

she needed to put herself out there. in this moment, she decided who she wanted to be. Rory likes Jess- so that's it. it's time to move on, done. so instead of moping around wishing he had picked her. she decided to move forward.

she'd finally get back to Cook on that date, something she started to contemplate when Jess had come into the picture. she'd officially hand out fliers and do more things for her and Jack's band.

she needed to change.

to find her happiness again.

to be herself.

no more being a mere shadow, but the sun.

i was gna make her get in an accident LMFAOOO but then i was like

i was gna make her get in an accident LMFAOOO but then i was like .. that's too dramatic eh
- love cher <3