𝟎𝟓 - sᴄᴀʀʟᴇᴛᴛ.

chapter five,
scarlett.

chapter five,scarlett

2001

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE had her palm closed tight, feeling droplets of sweat begin to form. she didn't know what it was about Richard Kelly, but he made every ounce of her skin crawl. "can you go knock?" Jess looked at her strangely, but his face softened when he saw the nervous look on her face. "sure, hold on"

Jess went up to the dark green door, leaving a few knocks on it and leaned against the wall while he waited, Bell had been looking into the red convertible that she dreamed about for years. as much as she hated old man Kelly, his taste in cars was immaculate. "can i help you?"

the sound of his voice startled her, she looked over to where Jess had been, "yeah, she wants to buy your car?" Jess pointed to the cherry red car the girl was looking at. "alright. age?"

"seventeen?- mine or hers?"

"hers, doofus"

"sixteen?" Jess was confused by the man, "the car is $2,000. you got the money?" Richard was a 45 year old drunk, the only reason he would sell his cars was so he could go buy booze. "Bellamy?"

the girl dug into her purse, pulling out the stack she had counted out just before they got here, she made just enough to finally buy the car. instead of handing it to the older man, she handed it to Jess.

"here you go"

"2,000? in cash?"

"looks like it"

"are you sure?"

"you can count it if you'd like" kelly let out a growl, snatching the money out of the boy's hand, before going inside to grab the car key. "here, take the car and leave" Bell had to contain her excitement once she saw the keys being handed to Jess.

"pleasure doing business with you" Jess muttered, as the door had been slammed shut before he could say anything else. "thank you so much Jess!" she pulled him into a hug, taking him by surprise. he wanted to push her away, but fought against it. as this was his first hug that felt genuine.

"sorry, i'm just- oh my god" he watched her shimmy left to right, "this is mine!" she grabbed the keys from his hand, unlocking the car. "ah ah ah" he told her, grabbing the keys back. "you promised me a test drive" she rolled her eyes, but shrugged and ran to the passenger door.

"you sure you know how to drive?" she asked once they got in, she was thankful the car didn't smell nasty like alcohol or cigarettes, it actually smelled like nothing, probably because it had been sitting here for so long. "no promises"