T h r e e - The Creature

I say nothing, but watch the strange figure that stood below my tree in silence.

It 'watched' me without movement or giving off any sign that it was even conscious of what it was doing.

Since it remained lifeless, just standing there, I take in its unearthly features.

Freakishly tall.
Pale skin.
Black suit.
Tendrils as dark as night extending from behind it.
No face.

Yet somehow, it still 'watched' me. I grew bored, now that it seemed to only be a staring contest of sorts. "What a boring, oafish thing you are," I say in an unbothered tone, turning my whole body so that I was now sitting upright on the branch and I begin slowly swinging my legs back and forth.

"Stupid creature," I mock it with a taunting smirk, "Won't you say something? Do you know who I am?"

"I know very well who you are, you unruly, childish brat."

I pause my legs, not expecting the creature to have responded to me in such a manner. The words passed through my head instead of in speech, revealing its voice to be bold, serpent-like and twinged with—well whatever evil would sound like.

"Oh..." I speak up again awkwardly, "so you talk. Why just stand there?"

"These are my woods, I can stand where I please. You however don't belong here."

"I know that much," I respond rudely, going back to kicking my legs, "but I have no where else to go so I'm only kicking back in this tree for the night. Don't get your octopus party streamers in a knot."

Unlike the other idiots in the Zalgean realm that served me and my father, this strange demon actually entertained me. Something about it intrigued me. I wanted to bother it some more.

"What are you anyway? Are you from Zalgo's kingdom? You look different compared to most demons at our castle. Maybe you'd make a good servant...you've already got the suit at least."

I felt the aura of the creature suddenly intensify; it was growing impatient with me. "Foolish man, I am not an affiliate of Zalgo in any way. I am a free being, and these woods and this whole dimension is under my rule," It spoke to me in a dark sneer.

This gains a chuckle from me, and I can't help but grin at the creature.

Such a cute creature. Maybe I'll try and tame it. I'll teach it respect it's superiors.

I go to get myself down from the tree I was in so I could confront the creature up close but once my skeletal hand touches the bark of the tree, I immediately loose my grip because of how weak my skeletal hand is and I plummet from the height that I had climbed.

I didn't scream or anything but I braced myself for hard impact with the ground.

To my surprise, I didn't feel the smack of the hard forest floor below but the cushiony, somewhat delicate arms of another.

I blink my eyes and look up at the face that had caught me in their hold.

"...Syngrath!"