N i n e t e e n - Plans Behind The Scenes

Jason the Toymaker's p. o. v.

Not too long after starting to tidy Lord Grim's room—which wasn't very messy to begin with—I began to sense an un-belonging presence slowly entering into the realm. Since I've been given the honor of keeping the gateways of every existing realm, it only made sense to go and see what had slipped through against my acknowledgment.

Hopefully, Lord Grim wouldn't mind if I left for only a bit. As a probably much more powerful and fit use for The Grim Reaper Himself than that waste of a butler he's stuck with, I would never intentionally mean to go against his wishes on my own behalf...however this might be quite serious.

Entering through a door I've created with my key and exiting out into a snowy, mountainous terrain, I spot two rather large in height sensible looking demons gliding over the snow, both of them emitting immense power from their very being. The pair looked like twins, except one appears male while the other was female.

I shutter, feeling the gravity of their very essence fall over me and think to approach them. It wouldn't take much for me easily overpower them and take that goldmine of energy for myself, however I decide to question their audacity to force themself into a place they don't belong—maybe toy with them, even.

"Demons in the over-world? Unheard of, at least not without the eye of a gatekeeper," I scoff, immediately catching their attention.

The two eyed me stoically, then one eventually spoke up, the one resembling a female, "You're a bold thing to approach us...I assume you must be the keeper of this world?"

"No, I traversed the fifth plane to come to a frozen mountain range just for the hell of it."

The male twin grinned at me and strode up to me directly. He tried to eye me down as if he were intimidating me, even though he was only but a slight bit taller than I. I glared at him, unfazed, "Humor me and tell me why you entered a realm in which you have no right to set foot in before I exterminate you both," I sighed, pretending to glance at a fake watch on my wrist.

"Cute threat~," The male chuckled, "My name is Avig'Zarroth, she there is my sister, Avig'Zargot. We are scions of Lord Zalgo, descendants of his removed and fallen ancestors. He named us the twins, Avzaroth and Aragoth, and he assigned us as the royal guards of his prized son, (Y/N) Zalgo, or known in this world as "The Grim Reaper"."

Suddenly, they had my interest. I eye Avazaroth with a quaint glare and pretend to appear shocked by this news, "Oh? Zalgoids, are you then? You say The lord of Death Itself is a son of Zalgo?"

"Indeed he is," Aragoth stepped up to me now, squeezing beside her brother, "On the day of his ascension to a primal form like his father, he ran away from home—...no, he'd been kidnapped by one of his own personal subordinates, a treacherous, dishonorable stain that snake was...on the whole realm of Zalgoids..."

"Truly? This sounds awful," I raise a finger to my chin.

"It is indeed, but we have been ordered by Lord Zalgo himself to scavenge the realms for our missing Prince," Avazaroth stated, "we won't rest till Lord (Name) is found and that subordinate of his is made to suffer. And you keeper...you would know if something out of the ordinary enters the realm, wouldn't you?"

The twins both eyed me calmly, yet I could sense they felt as if I were to submit to their expectations and tell them everything I knew. These were servants of Zalgo, and I wasn't an idiot. If Zalgo wants something, then it must be extrodinarily important...and powerful.

And I wanted it for myself.

"I'm afraid I haven't come across any being of the like," I sigh, shaking my head, "truly, I would expect I'd know if I came across the Grim Reaper of all things..."

The two glance at each other before nodding and turning back to me, "Unfortunate. Then we shall keep searching far and wide for our Master," Aragoth said.

"Wait," I stop them before they could even prepare to leave.

Avzaroth and Aragoth focus their gazes on me again and I grin slowly, "You two aren't permitted to wander around this realm by any means. However...I could make an exception. Perhaps I can help you snuff out your mysterious runaway...? As a keeper, it will be more than just simple to locate him, if he is truly here."

They shot each other another glance before Avzaroth crooked an eyebrow at me, "And what may be the catch to this, wise keeper?"

"Oh no no, no catch. Although... I would like to know the offers of Zalgo for the return of his wayward son? I believe I too would deserve some sort of acknowledgement for offering my help in finding that he is returned home?"

"Oh?" Aragoth smiled darkly as if she were thinking of the benefits, "we'd only most likely be named the highest demons of his realm and treated much like the royals of the realm themselves!"

"Not only that, but with such a ranking comes the duty of overlooking the whole realm and making decisions for the Zalgean kingdom under Lord Zalgo's great name..." Avzaroth pridefully snickered. "Do you really wish to win a reward in dealings with the Zalgean realm?"

I pretended to think and scratch my chin, "It doesn't sound all that bad... I don't see why I should turn down such a hefty offer. You will notify Zalgo that I had a hand in this search, correct?"

I didn't trust them one bit to say a word about me, but I knew very well how to get my half on my own, even without them. "Of course, wise keeper. We bid that you help us search for our Lord Grim and then we shall all see a magnificent reward in the aftermath," Avzaroth said while Aragoth nodded.

"Very well," I smirk, raising my head slightly, "then since you are under my guise here and I will be aiding you, you'd best follow my leads. I think I just might have an idea of where the Grim could possibly be...but you know, its just a hunch~..."