Cursed Cat [Halloween Side-Chapter][NOT CANON]

Your p. o. v.

I hate this blasted holiday.

I watched with growing frustration as the Creepypastas went around preparing for what I thought was the biggest waste of a "holiday" ever.

"Hey Grim, areya gonna just stand there and watch or maybe lend a hand with the decorations?" ClockWork asked me, passing by with her hands full of pumpkin-shaped banners. "I'll stand by and watch," I respond bluntly. Clock rolled her eye and me and continued to wherever she was headed.

Halloween is such a tiresome, worthless holiday. There's nothing scary about it, everything is so watered down and childish just for the sake of little children. The last I remember of Halloween myself was when I celebrated it with my mother when I was little. I participated in trick-or-treating, and that was about all I could recall.

Nowadays, Halloween just seemed like a waste of time to me. The Creepypastas were horrors all on their own—why did they have to celebrate that???

SlenderMan glided up to me and I stare at him with feigned interest. "What do you need, SlenderMan."

"Grim, I noticed that you've only been watching the others prepare for Halloween these past two days. Watching with quite disdain, might I add. Is there something wrong?"

"Halloween is a waste of time, SlenderMan. Why are you all celebrating some child's holiday? Just because it's deemed 'scary' with witches and ghosts and what not? Aren't you all scary as yourselves?"

SlenderMan nodded his head a bit, "You make a good point Grim, that is so. In fact, I might say I agree with you. Why don't you take up this striking argument with the pastas then and convince them otherwise?"

I was about to respond that I might as well when I looked over again and watched the activities going on for a bit. Kagekao was dressed as a literal sheet while chasing around a laughing Nina and Zero. Sally gracefully skipped around the living room dressed up as a little fairy—a huge smile could be seen on her face. ClockWork and a few others were decorating the mansion and they seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

I started to realize that they were all having fun and...I was the one at the side being grumpy and scorning everything. I doubt if I told them my thoughts it would do anything but damper the mood.

"So, do you see now?" SlenderMan asked, folding his arms behind his back. "Sure it may seem like a trivial thing to beings like you and I, but to them they see something more, and they enjoy it. Besides, I prefer to see them decorating and tidying rather than destroying things."

I slumped my shoulders a bit and sighed, "I see...I'm just not used to holidays and celebrations like this—at least celebrations this light-hearted. Don't mind me."

SlenderMan chuckled and turned from me, starting to head off again, "Why don't you take the chance to join them and see what it's all about? You might find yourself enjoying the time as well."

I thought about this once he was gone and observed the activities for a while longer before sighing again and deciding to maybe confront one of them and see how I could participate.

I walk up to Bloody Painter, who was busied carving faces into a group of pumpkins that were surrounding him. I wanted to blatantly tell him they looked hideous—not because they did but I just wanted to ruffle his feathers, however, I caught my tongue before doing so.

"What exactly does pumpkins with faces signify?" I question him, capturing his attention for a moment. "Well if you want to get technical," Painter responded, "in history they were used to ward off evil spirits and keep one's home safe. Now we just put them up as traditional Halloween decor."