T w e n t y - E i g h t - A Bunch Of Surprises

Your p. o. v.

After leaving my Mother's house, I'd hurried back to the mansion to retrieve Syngrath but he wasn't there for some reason. I assumed he took my stupid advice from before maybe and took off with one of other pastas. I searched around for Jason since he'd ditched me, but low and behold he was gone as well.

Approaching SlenderMan became an idea, but instead when I went to his office I was met with a scene that caught me off guard. Lazari was on the floor and SlenderMan was trying console her to no avail. Her body was covered in a familiar black phenomena that crawled up her arms and her legs. Her face was shadowed in this blackness as well and she was panting, her mouth gaped open.

The energy being felt from her was all too familiar. "Slender...what is she..."

SlenderMan looked up when he saw me and shouted, "Grim! Get back at once, I can't hold her down for much longer! I need you to seek out if there are any of your kind nearby!"

"She's...Zalgoid..." I muttered, staring the girl in her sunken eyes. "SlenderMan, you never told me you kept another under your roof?"

SlenderMan scowled, "Apologies Grim, truly I shouldn't have waited so long, now is not the time for this conversation. Lazari is reacting to the presence of other creatures nearby who I fear might be other Zalgoids."

Sure enough, I could identify the presence of other Zalgoid forces some couple miles away from the mansion. I figured Avzaroth and Aragoth might be returning to look for me.

My gaze returns to Lazari and I slowly begin to walk up to this corrupted form of hers. She starts to act up more as I came closer, her eyes shaking. "Come to me, Lazari," I motioned for her to her up. "Grim! I don't suggest—"

"Quiet SlenderMan, I know how deal with this kind of thing. Lazari, get up."

The girl hissed and snarled but slowly pulled herself up and started to reach towards me, her mouth extending open, "H—Hungry..."

"I know, I know. There are creatures here that shouldn't be here, and I'm going to take you to them so that the hungry can go away, alright?"

Lazari seemed to be in a very weak, desperate state so we had to hurry. I grasped the girls hand but she instantly latched on to me and sunk her teeth into my humane arm without a warning. I'd expected this much, but I allowed her to alleviate some of the hunger by ingesting some of my blood—it might keep her stable for a few.

"SlenderMan. I need you to come with me, I fear we might have some trouble," I growled, trying to ignore the pain of Lazari essentially trying to rip my arm off and eat it whole, "since you're able to keep Lazari tame for some time, I think your aid would be beneficial. Besides, intruders in your woods should be taken care of, no?"

SlenderMan only slightly nodded his head and agreed to come along. I glance back to Lazari and see that a bit of the corruption was leaving her face, but it wasn't enough. She let go of arm and trembled helplessly, "I—I-I'm sorry Grim..." she stammered, "I—knew there was something familiar about you—I didn't know i-it was that you w-were Zalgo like me..."

"Likewise," I responded, glancing at my now grossly bleeding arm, "but that's fine, we will discuss this later. We have other matters to deal with."

Lazari shakily grasped my hand with her blackened, clawed fingers and I pulled her behind me and Slender and I quickly left the office and headed out the mansion.

I led the way to where I could sense heavy energy colliding with one another, and sure enough we were eventually met with the scene of Avzaroth and Aragoth attempting to take on my cousin Stripes but they were both failing rather miserably. Aside from them, Syngrath was in his true form, and Jason The Toymaker seemed to be seized in his very grasp.