T w e n t y - S e v e n - Pick On Someone Your Own Size

⬆️ Grim as a child art by Pomnicient ⬆️

꧁꧂

Stripes's p. o. v.

"Just what are you doing here? Didn't you and your Master leave me here to rot?"

The sight of Syngrath standing before me with a cold expression on his face, as well as the obvious fact that Grim was not there with him was a bit surprising, to say the least. I could only guess that my brother might have sent him here to check on me, but the look on his face said otherwise.

"That was the case before, yes," Syngrath responded after spending moments only glaring at me. "However, desperate times call for desperate measures."

"...What... do you mean by that...?"

Syngrath didn't say anymore but instead turned to the door on which the symbol he had sealed me within was plastered on and he rose his hand up to the symbol. The crest instantly began to glow a deep red and slowly it started to fade away from the wooded door.

"You're...lifting the seal...?" I asked, bewildered. "Is (Name) setting me free? What's going on?"

Syngrath sighed, "I'm only willing to work beside you if you stop pestering me with pointless questions that I won't answer. Whatever I tell you after this is all you will receive. Understood?"

I frowned. Work beside me? What did he mean? Was he actually planning on helping me get my little brother back into Lord Zalgo's realm?

I picked myself up from off of the ground and watched as Syngrath slowly strode up to me. He didn't seem to be as eased as he came across before when he and Grim had forced me here.

"Eloise," He spoke, "you're going to help me bring Lord Grim back to the under-realm. Why, you might be asking? Well..."

He slightly looked away from me and continued, "you may have been right...about SlenderMan. I feel he is trying to condition Grim to do away with all ties he may have to Zalgo, including me. Grim believes Slender's wishes are for the best and in order to please him has attempted to change for the better but I feel these attempts are going a bit too far."

I blinked and looked at Syngrath with widened eyes, "So you understand full well yourself! SlenderMan is truly a vile creature...first he snatches little Lazari and fills her head with a bunch of lies about our Father, then he takes (Name) and attempts to do the same thing! I knew that snake couldn't be trusted!"

By the end of my little rant I hadn't realized that I'd probably mouthed off a bit too much and I noticed Syngrath's hardened glare focused on me. "Lazari. Our Father? Apparently there are somethings you haven't told my Grim..."

I pursed my lips and looked away silently, "I...didn't mean that...my minds just—"

"We'll bring this back up later," Syngrath held up a hand at me, cutting me off. "However now, it's the least of our problems. We need to get Lord Grim back home."

I was a little suspicious as to why Syngrath was so suddenly going behind his Master's back to do such a thing when he was the one who helped (Name) get here in the first place. I wasn't complaining, as this now meant that our goals were the same, but I wasn't exactly counting on Syngrath to fully be in on this for the right reasons.

"Let's not waste anymore time," Syngrath urged me to follow him quickly, "I will have to track down my lord's location...he's no longer at the mansion and I've no clue where he's run off to."

I watched as Syngrath seemed to scowl a bit, his aura growing a bit intense, "I have no doubt that that Toymaker is off somewhere with my Master..."