𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬...

As they parked their car in one of the snowed in streets, they were filled with just a few people.

Kids, Adults, mostly shopping for presents for their loved ones for christmas.

Lootos and Ghost exited their car, looked around and finally found the old bookstore they needed.

"Why are all the stores we visit always so old?", asked Ghost as they walked to the entrance.

Actually... he already knew the answer, so he repeated his fathers words as he spoke.

"You know: The old pages, the illustrations, the smell, it's great. Old Books always have the best stories to tell".

Lootos let out a small laugh as he opened the door to the store. His son stood infront of it, taking a look at the books in the little stands infront of it.

He mumbled their names, fascinated from them and focused on their written on pages.

Lootos smiled "I'll be in the store, please wait here", he said upon entering it and being greeted by the Owner.

The old man clearly looked relieved as he saw the young man and gave him a handshake.

"Ah! Lootos, the Bookdoctor. It's ever so nice to meet you in person", he said. Yes, how could he forget. He was here to repair some of the books, atleats that's what he told the Owner.

The young man nodded, clearly being more focused on the book around them.

"You got quite a little collection", he said, while walking down the halls and checking every back of the books.

"Well, if you want, you can look around, Sir. I'll be sorting out some of the books in the back", the Owner said. Lootos smiled. In his mind he let out a Sigh.

If he would find it this time?

He gently slid his fingers across the backs of the books while walking down the aisle.

It was almost like the books were whispering to him.

Different stories. Different characters. Many lives, many broken hearts.

They were whispering to him, their stories and as their characters.

Heidi, Harry Potter, Oz, and then...

"Servers men were looking for Cooki."

He quickly looked around. This was it. It was the one book he searched for.

"But they looked in the wrong place. He hasn't left the village."

Lootos was looking around, searching every back of the books, every cover of it.

"Cooki was in Kodzus House."

And then, he saw it.

Inkheart.

He finally found it. He pulled it out from the shelf, rubbing the dust from it's cover and taking a look at it's pages.

It was really it. Inkheart.

Lootos couldn't believe his eyes. Scrolling through it's many pages, filled with fantastic stories, creatures and villains.

He stopped at a page of a small little creature.

A little rat with... horns.

Suddenly he remembered what he promised long time ago.