Chapter 2: Encountering Misfortune

*Disclaimer - I do not own the copyright for Kingdom Hearts or Toaru Majutsu no Index series.

*A/N - Looking to the future of this story, I have a plan for making use of the time in between actual events in the Toaru timeline. This story will be starting on September 2 since we know that the Kazakiri Arc took place on September 1. The same day that Accelerator is going through the Necromancer Arc. Although this will be an Alternate Universe, I still want to respect the original timeline while also having a bit of fun with Sora getting to experience his own adventures in Academy City. Plus, I'm going to delve further into the Alternate Universe route especially with Sora being in Academy City, so expect characters that are not as featured in Toaru to show up here. Hence, with Sora's involvement in Academy City, there will be familiar characters that will show up. With that out of the way, enjoy this chapter and have a wonderful day.

__________________________________________________________

Continuing to make their way to Kamijou's dorm, Sora asked Touma many questions about Academy City wanting to get an idea of what type of world he was in now and what rules he would need to be mindful of. Given that Sora was on his own without the help of Donald and Goofy, he would need to be extra careful of his surroundings and be aware of everything.

"So, Academy City is way more technologically advanced compared to the rest of the world to the point that it's basically thirty years ahead of the rest of the world?" Sora said while walking with both of his hands resting on the back of his head.

"Yeah, the city has its' own rules and goals that are vastly different than everywhere else. Everyone here doesn't seem to mind it that much. Plus, while the scientists and government leaders have their own schemes, they don't really affect the everyday person living their normal life here" Touma said while still carrying his tattered-up grocery bag with a tired expression plastered on his face.

"What do you mean by that?" Sora asked not entirely sure how most of the people would be fine with shady people in power over the city they are residing in.

"Huh, what do I mean by that? Uhm... Sora, how much do you not know about Academy City? You make it sound like you're from a whole different planet" Touma said while looking over at Sora like he was either crazy or had amnesia. Something he could actually relate to...

Feeling sweat start to slide down the back of his neck, Sora realized that he had to be careful with how he explained his situation to Touma while avoiding any talk about being from another world. Sora immediately realized that he could actually use a memory excuse for why he doesn't remember how he got to Academy City. Letting out an anxious sigh, Sora replied.

"W-well, I... to be honest, I'm currently going through some sort of amnesia situation," Sora said while closing his eyes and mentally facepalming himself for coming up with an idiotic answer like that. Not sure how Touma was going to react to his response, Sora opened his eyes and looked back at Touma and was surprised at his reaction.

Looking forward at the road, Touma had a small almost nonexistent smile on his face before turning to Sora.

"Amnesia... that's one bit of misfortune to be going through. I... I know someone who had amnesia once. A real pain to deal with. I'm sorry that you're going through it" Touma said while sympathizing with Sora's problem.

Thankful that Touma bought his sorry excuse of a lie, Sora began to elaborate on his amnesia dilemma.

"R-right, thanks, but my amnesia isn't that bad. I still remember my name and everything like that, but I just don't know how I exactly ended up here in Academy City. Or better yet how I ended up sprawled out on the street" Sora said while recounting everything that happened to him and still not entirely sure how he came to be in this city.