Chapter 5: Hospital Friends

*Disclaimer - I do not own the copyright for Kingdom Hearts or Toaru Majutsu no Index series.

_________________________________________________________

*A/N - Hey everyone, hope you're all doing good. Figured I'd give this story a bit of love since all my other stories are much further along. Also, seeing that Sora has now made the news. How will that affect the Keyblade Wielder and whom will that attract? Expect friends and enemies. Either way, hope you enjoy it and stay tuned for more.

_________________________________________________________

Sitting in the passenger seat of Yomikawa's car, Sora continued to look out the window and was amazed at the sight in front of him. Even having explored Hiro's world, San Fransokyo, Academy City had a different kind of feel to it. Especially because over 50% of the people here have Esper powers. It all sounded so cool!

Moreover, there were still many questions he had. Not only about this city but this world. How could the Heartless already be here and attacking people? Were they here before he got here? Or... did the Heartless start appearing after he arrived in this world?

Many more thoughts began to make Sora feel guilty about the whole thing. The Heartless were attracted to hearts so it wasn't far off that they were already in this world. But that just made Sora have another troubling thought in his lap. Sora recalled Leon's words that he said to him back in Traverse Town during his first adventure which felt so long ago.

"They'll come at you out of nowhere. And they'll keep on coming at you, as long as you continue to wield the Keyblade"

Guilt crawled up Sora's throat as he was starting to put two and two together and was having inner turmoil with himself. While he was sure that the Heartless didn't just show up as soon as he arrived in this world, that didn't mean they would not come after him now. Seeing that the ones that he just dealt with were not your everyday Shadows. There was something wrong and he needed to get to the bottom of this.

However, that would have to wait as Yomikawa cleared her throat to get his attention. She probably had a bunch of questions to ask him which he did owe her.

"So, you feeling all right? Now that you got a minute to get your energy back" Yomikawa said, getting a quick glance at the boy.

"Yeah. I'm feeling better"

"That's good to hear. In that case..." Yomikawa turned her attention back to the road and let out a sigh that she didn't know she was holding. How was she supposed to go about asking him what exactly just happened in the past half-hour?

"Do you want to start talking or should I just throw something out there and you go from there?"

Bringing a hand under his chin to give a thinking pose, Sora had a feeling that Yomikawa had a lot on her mind. It didn't seem fair that she wasn't in the know. So, he figured she could start.

"You can start"

"... all right. Well then, first, what the hell was that!?" Yomikawa asked, letting her emotions become apparent.

Sora had a surprised look on his face as he stared at the mature yet beautiful woman still wearing her Anti-Skill attire and the expressive look on her face.

"Err... what do you mean?"

"Are you kidding me? Sora. We just got done fighting small dark monsters that were ripping people's hearts out. But it wasn't their real heart but something like a heart and then the people who were attacked ended up becoming said monsters" Yomikawa said without even taking a second to catch her breath.