006 📼

GREED.

a selfish and excessive desire for more of something than is needed. motivated by naked ambition and greed.

Greed works like a drug. You activate similar pleasure pathways through the brain. Addiction is often about the pursuit of a reward in face of a risk. The things they do tend to get more extreme because the high just isn't high enough anymore. Wealth can lead to high levels of narcissism and entitlement.

Something Olivia Kaiser would know.

Ever since Alyssa was young her mother would always talk to her about wealth. She would talk about how we need it in our life's and how if she ever dated anyone who wasn't wealthy she would be kicked out of the family for ruining the family title. Olivia kaiser used to steal. She used to steal whatever jewels and money she would find and hide it in her daughters pockets so that if they got caught she would use the excuse "oh I'm so sorry, kids you know always taking" and laugh it off before putting it back and going to find her next item she planned on stealing.

When Alyssa was six her mother began to become emotionally abusive and manipulative to Alyssa. But if course Alyssa didn't know what was happening because of how young she was.

flashback

It was the year of 1973, in Germany sat a young girl.

Olivia kaiser sat in her room peacefully reading the book 'we're going on a bear hunt' it was her favourite book, her grandmother used to read it to her when she slept round their house but last year her grandmother passed away so she found it comforting to read over again and again.

"ALYSSA GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW" her mother boomed from the bottom of the stairs. Alyssa carefully slid her book mark into her book so she wouldn't loose her page before running out her room and to her mother

"what's wrong mum" the young blonde asked rocking back and forth on her heels before feeling her mother grab her shoulders to keep her still

"We're going out tonight so I want you to bring your biggest bag that won't look suspicious" the woman said a grin plastered on her face at the thought of all the jewels and money she could gain out of this trip

"but mummm I don't want to do this again" she cried to her mother hoping that she'd have any human left in her and any care for her only daughter

"no Alyssa! how many times do I have to tell you!" she took in a deep inhale before speaking a lot more gently, kneeling down to be the same height as the young girl who stood in-front of her

"Alyssa baby I do this for you.. I always have. I want to make sure that you have a good life and mummy's been struggling lately because she just wants to give you what's best but I can't do that if I don't have money to get you the things you want." She sighed gently with a satisfactory smile knowing her daughter had fallen for it yet again.

This was a common occurrence in the Kaiser household . Her mother would trick her into doing things and always say it was for her, but Alyssa being a naive gullible child always believed her because at the end of the day it was her mother.... Her role model and she wouldn't lie to her.... Would she?

end of flashback

Alyssa's father died when she was 8, her house was broken into by one of the families her and her mother stole from, they ended up killing her father as 'payback'

That's when Olivia decided to move her and Alyssa to Hawkins Indiana. She knew that now she couldn't leach off her husbands money there was no use being there anymore and have to listen to people feel sorry for her.

When they arrived in Hawkins Indiana Olivia constantly told Alyssa that she was the reason that her father was dead.

That if she didn't take so much then that family wouldn't have broken in and shot her father. She still remembers how her mother looked at her with pure distaste. She knew it was futile trying to reason with her mother or to argue back so she silly left if, she left her self to wallow in pity about her father's death that she thought she caused.

Oh how she wishes he was still here with her.

AUTHORS NOTE!!

hello! thank you for like the 200 views on this book that's literally cray but like here's some more backstory I PROMISE THERES MORE EDDIE NEXT CHAPTER! but like wooooo

have a good day and or night and make sure you have enough to eat and drink! mwah