Peter Alexander

Midnight

Salvatore's POV

I need some water, where is the lamp switch? Ughh, I groan.

Fuck there it is, I finally switch on the lamp and drink some water.

I sit near the window looking outside at the beautiful sky. I remember last year almost everyday I and Julie used to sit on the terrace and drink coffee and make fun of each other.

I miss you Julie! Come back please! I say. Mr. Moon if you are listening to me then please tell Julie what I said right now, I know that's stupid but that's my nature, I shrug.

I again take a sip of water from my glass and turn back towards the bed....
Smash! (Salvatore drops the glass as he gets shocked )

M.. Mom... Jjj..... Julie..... You both together.....julie you okay? Where were you? We were finding you here and there? How did .... Mom and you? Am I dreaming? M... Mo..... Mom is that.... I mean is it really you standing out there? I don't believe my eyes. I started to cry. Mom and Julie why are you not answering?

Mom I go near her, I try shaking her, but I couldn't....mom I cry hard, mom please move.... Mom say something. After trying hard..... I see Julie move.

I go near her.... She whispered it's time Salvatore we are leaving. Wish you luck! Bye she waves at me and..... And mom? Julie? Where did they go?

I run towards the door.... And run in the corridor finding them. Minutes passed but I didn't find anyone.

Sir! Sir! What happened? William comes running towards me.

Julie and mom came did you see? They were in our room. Julie talked to me, I say but my voice isn't that audible because I feel choked.

Sir, Molly ma'am isn't in this world. She di....died long ago, William manages to speak as he reaches for my hand.

And Julie ma'am she isn't here.... She is missing sir! William's words hurt me but it's gets me back to the reality.

You are right! Why did I saw them? Is it a sign or something? But, why did I hear Julie then? She was so clearly audible. I don't know what is happening to me. I sit on the floor leaning towards the wall. I bring my knees up to my chest and bury my head.

Salvatore thinking

What was that? How could I see them? I haven't seen mom since years, even after her death I never felt that she was right infront of me. Then why today? What made me see her? Was their something I missed? Is their something I should know? Is Julie okay? Is she still in that forest? Did she eat anything? I hope she isnt infected. I remember she gets infected very early in an unhygienic environment. Oh lord! I hope she is fine!

So many thoughts surrounded my head that I don't know what is going on.

I think I need some sleep. That would have been a dream. It.... Yeah it is.... It is surely a dream Salvatore get up, go back to bed. I order myself and get up.

Reality

Sorry William I disturbed you so late, I apologize, he is so much disturbed because of me.

Sir, it's okay, he holds my hand and gives me an assuring smile that it's fine but I know it's not.

Next morning

Any news officer? Salvatore asked the inspector.

No, not yet, our searching team is still active. And a good news for you. Emma Smith found Peter Alexander and his daughter. They will be in the police station soon by the afternoon. Because your niece is in the school and he doesn't want to leave her alone, the inspector said.