It's going to be okay (6)

MAY 5TH
EIGHT WEEKS

"God damn it you." Josie stared at her bare belly as she examined it from every angle as if seeing it from every direction would make it go away but it wouldn't.

She didn't understand. This was her first pregnancy and she was only eight weeks... she wasn't supposed to show this much,
yet there it was, not your typical weight gain but a small little pouch.

Nervously she took off her shirt so that her belly was bare and brought her hands to touch it, thankfully the locker room was empty. Before she could appreciate her moment further there was a knock at the open door.

"Wow." Josie almost jumped at that causing her to turn to the short neurosurgeon at the door, who was currently staring in awe at the cute developing baby bump.

"H- Hope- hi." Josie tried saying something to break the awkward silence while Hope walked towards her.

Hope was so close when she stopped, Josie could feel her breathing against her skin.

"Do you mind?" Hope asked signaling to her hand that was hovering over Josie's abdomen, all Josie could do was nod as Hooe slowly placed her hand there.

Josie felt this sudden sense of relief, hope, comfort even...

"I remember when I had to take classes about pregnancy back in medical school, the whole process of it amazed me actually." She said in such a soft tone while still looking down at her hand.

A tear was fighting to escape Josie's eye, watching Hope have this little moment.

"Does that mean-" Josie was cut by her own sobs and she let the tear drop as she closed her eyes.

Not a moment later she could feel Hope's skin on her cheek, cupping her face during the time which she wiped Josie's tears with her thumb.

"Does this mean you want this? That you won't leave? You'll help, right? I don't think I can do this without you, Hope." Josie tried opening her eyes but the urge to close them whilst saying the last words was stronger.

Trying to not let the tears keep falling.

"Of course I do Jo! That night in my hospital? It took me a minute to process things and I had a whole ass speech planned in my head in that awkward moment of silence, but you ran before I got the chance to say anything. And in some way... I get that." Was Hope's reply to that.

"I'm not leaving you jo... and yes, I'm going to help. You're not doing this alone."

Josie's tears were softly being wiped by Hope's thumb during her talk, Josie smiled just a little before she opened her eyes.

When brown eyes meets blue... instant love. But will they admit it? No.

Hope went on her toes meanwhile leaning to leave a kiss on her forehead, right before dropping to her knees and leaving a second kiss on Josie's bump.

"You're whipped, Mikaelson." Josie teased, earning a chuckle from the aubrenette exactly when she stood back up.

"For you two? Always."

Josie wasn't sure if this was the perfect time to bring up the fact that she may be having twins... she didn't wanna ruin this moment for now.

"So... have you made any doctor appointments yet? Cuz I'd love to be there with you if you'll let me."

Josie was getting her shirt back on when Hope said that and when she got it on she finally answered.

"I was planning on making an appointment with Freya for next week." The brunette intern confessed.

"Oh no... no... no... I can't have my aunt knowing about this just yet. She tells my dad everything and I wanna be the one to tell him." The neurosurgeon arguing back on that piece of information.

"Well then who else? I can't have my uncle know either and any other OB/GYN is also apart of your family." Josie let out a chuckle at her own words.

The young Mikaelson looked to be in deep frustrated thinking until her expression changed like she just had an idea.

"I have a friend... at the de martel hospital. He's an OB and he hates my dad so I'm not worried he'll say anything. I can make us an appointment for two weeks from now?"

"Yeah thanks! That'll be great I'll see you later, I have a patient to get to." Josie said before giving Hope a kiss on the cheek and running off.

Hope was left alone in the room mesmerized by the brunette and the moment they shared, this made her even more sure of her growing feelings for the intern.

'Josette Saltzman... what have you done to me?' That thought filled her mind as she went back to work, the young girl at the top of her head.

(Heyyy here's the update you've been waiting for, next few episodes are kinda fillers with some drama 👀 hope you enjoyed and have a great day! Also I love when you comment your opinions and thoughts through reading it always makes me feel amazing 😄)

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSdpmT8tA/?k=1