a mother's love (12)

JUNE 20TH
FIFTEEN WEEKS

Jo managed to reach the bed and make her way to Josie’s curled body, wrapping her hand around Josie’s waist and cuddling the crying intern. "Remember back when you were young, whenever you came back home crying, because some asshole bullied you. We'd cuddle together and cry and watch our comfort shows?" The older brunette tried comforting.

Josie chuckled, the warm memory passing through her mind. Trying to wipe her own tears with her hand but to not much success. "And you used to say that you'd get your surgical scissors and cut their dicks off." She laughed.

"Oh right... the good old memories. Who's dick do I have to cut now?" Josette smirked, trying to lighten the mood. "No one's..." Josie tried saying, but she knew her mother isn't going to let Hope go no matter what she does.

"Josie... you know I support you and love you matter what, and if the decision you made is to keep this baby. I'm fine with it. I think you'll make an amazing mother, as much as I didn’t think I'll be becoming a grandmother this year, I'm here for you and your little ones. Anytime and anything you need. But whoever took part In this... will be facing my wrath, especially if they're not stepping up and taking responsibility."

Josie chuckled, "Yeah no... that won't be happening. I think... I'm hoping." Doubt in her voice, Josie doesn't know Hope that well. Maybe she's been rushing this whole thing.

"Mind telling me who's the person I'll be adding to my not yet existing list of people I won't do my best job with in case they step into my care? It's okay if you don't want, I just... You're still my little girl. And I will forever do everything in my power to protect you." Jo said, cupping her daughter's face.

"It's... Hope." Josie sighed, her mom's face went blank for a second. "Hope? Hope? As in the one sitting in my living room right now? Hope that you were spending time with when you showed up at my job? That Hope?"

"Yes...?" Hesitated tone, scared of what her mother might do when she watched her get up from her former comforting pose on the bed. "Mom... please don't do anything drastic."

"Don't worry hun, I'm gonna be a perfect gentlewoman. Plus, I invited you here to eat so we should eat." Jo stated while opening the door and shooting Josie a look. One that tell her she needs to get up and eat.

When they entered the living room Hope and the married couple were giggling playing cards, from the looks of it... Hope was certainly winning.

"Okay people time to eat! Let's sit up in the kitchen." The group started moving towards the table, Josie stilled when the smell of food entered her nose. "Mom please don't tell me you made my favorite..."

To say Josie loves baked egg toasts is the least... the number of times Josie ate that meal through her life is a LOT.

"Oh honey I didn't-" and just like that Josie disappeared, the slam of the bathroom door heard right after. Not even ten seconds after Hope ran after her.

Josie suddenly felt her hair being pulled back, even though it already got dirty. She was kneeling before the toilet, vomiting her guts out. She didn't even eat anything since last night.

When she got up to wash herself, Hope was by her side. With a genuine smile, lighting up the brunette's whole world.

Soon after everyone gathered at the table, Jo made sure to open the windows so the nauseous smell of the eggs would disappear.

The awkward silence got Hope in her nerves though, it looks like while they were at the bathroom Jo made sure to catch up the married couple on whatever Josie told her.

And the three adults kept shooting Hope looks, ones that actually had her shaking. And Hope was never scared of anything...

Until she met Josie’s family.

The lunch was tense, when Josie actually started a conversation it kind of became worse. Whenever she said something. The trio found a way to backtrack it on Hope. Teasing, Joking, etc... when the conversation ended up on the more work side.

Things finally loosened, and it actually seemed like Jo actually liked Hope for a second there.

When they were all done, Hope suggested to give Josie a ride back Home. But it seems like her mother had other plans.

"We should get going, Jo. Landon said they're planning movie night at your place soon." The aubrenette grabbed her jacket, walking towards the door.

"Yeah sure-" but she was stopped by the older brunette, "No. You should stay, me and Elena wanted to do something fun with you today." Josie shot an annoyed 'seriously' look in her face.

Jo was kidding at her. Did she even have plans or did she just made it up so Josie wouldn't spend time with Hope?

"It's okay, I'll see you later, Josie. Tell the guys I said hey when you get home." The doctor quickly left the house.

"Seriously mom?" Josie quickly gave her mom a cold shoulder and left to her room.

(Opp- but we love an overprotective mother, don't we? Hope you enjoyed this! Make sure you leave your votes and comments I love to see them and have a great day!)