stressful life (7)

MAY 19TH
TEN WEEKS

Josie and Hope were currently in Hope's car, outside of de martel hospital.

Josie was too scared and stressed to move and walk in there.

It was getting close for their appointment and Hope wanted to say something but knew the brunette needed that comforting silence for as long as she can.

She reached to Josie’s shaking hand and intertwined their fingers, Josie finally turned and locked eyes with the Mikaelson.

In return she got a little smile and a nod signaling that it's time.

"Alright... let's go." She said before letting go and opening the car door, they both got out the car and once walking together, they intertwined their hands again and walked in.

While in the waiting room Josie was even worse, her knees constantly bouncing and having Hope try to stop her by placing her hand on her knee.

Only for her to continue doing it, a second after Hope took it off...

Looking down at all those women and couples, meanwhile what were her and Hope even? Friends? Co-parents? A couple? Just when she thought her life couldn't get more complicated.

Also not mentioning the fact that she was worried of coming across her mom, if she noticed her daughter being in the pregnancy area of the hospital... she would instantly know.

"Hey Jo, you have to calm down... your nerves aren't doing anything good for the baby or yourself. Everything is gonna be okay. Trust me, please." Hope said after lifting Josie's face from her chin and turning the brunette towards her.

A tear slipped through Josie's eye as she closed them, Though Hope immediately wiped it before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Everything is going to be okay Jo..." Hope whispered to her ear, after a few seconds Josie pulled away from the embrace and wiped that tears that were left on her face from the emotional hug.

"I hate those hormones so much."

Hope chuckled before smiling softly at the intern, apart of her felt like she should say it... but they're not- they're not.

Before they had the chance to continue things, Josie's name was called and they enter a room for a bunch of tests before the ultrasound.

They were holding hands the entire time, especially when they did the blood test... Josie and needles weren't great friends when it was the other way around.

Until eventually they had them set up in a room waiting for the ultrasound, Josie broke the silence with a question.

"So who is this friend of yours that is also an enemy of your dad or something?"

"Oh, umm... he stole a research that my uncle and dad worked on for weeks. They were setting everything up to release it to the world and start doing surgeries and stuff with it, when suddenly they saw it on the newspaper. They all think it's his fault but in my opinion it's not him specifically that did it." She replied.

"Then who do you think did?" The brunette questioned, clearly confused.

"His bosses. Who also happen to be my Dad's enemies, but that's a long story for another time." Hope added, but before Josie could reply they were interrupted by the door opening and the doctor walking in.

"I see we're telling the old tale here."

"Vincent!" Hope excitedly said before rising from the chair and moving to hug him.

Josie smiled watching the sweet interaction.

"Hope Mikaelson... what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into now..." Vincent questioned once he pulled away from the hug and walked towards the clipboard on the desk close by.