worrisome (13)

JUNE 25TH
SIXTEEN WEEKS

Hope was currently at Josie's Door, she came uninvited but she was worried, Josie didn't show up to work that same day.

And wasn't answering her calls or texts so Hope being the anxious person that she is... obviously started overthinking that something happened to the brunette and next thing she knows she was here.

Once she knocked on the door, it was immediately opened. Which kinda shocked Hope, the guys were still at work. Josie can open a door but not answer a text?

"Hey Jo- Vincent." Hope did not expect to see him here... they barely see each other at all what was he doing in the brunette's house?

"What are you doing here?" The aubrenette immediately questioned the guy, "she's up stairs... she wasn't feeling well. Thank God mg called me when he did. He had suspicions when he left home, he probably heard from Josie about me."

"I- yeah um I'll talk to you later!" The aubrenette ran, almost stumbled when she went up the stairs. Opening Josie's door at a shortness of breathe.

"Wow- you look like you just ran a marathon." Wheen Hope finally caught up on the air she took full notice to the intern's beauty and glow. "Sorry- I just heard from Vincent that something happened to you?"

She walked towards her and sat up on the bed. "Round ligament pain. It's a pretty common things, just a sign that our babies are growing and stretching and it's a bit painful. Like period cramps but the babies are causing them." Josie explained in her doctor voice, using the professional medical definition.

"Oh... I've heard of that. But why weren't you answering my phone calls or texts?" Worry still filled in her tiny body. She just wanted to make sure Josie was okay and wasn't ignoring her after what happened with Jo the other week.

"I might have fainted earlier... I dropped my phone and when Vincent found me, he took me straight to bed to check on me and do all these quick tests. so my phone is probably still downstairs on the floor. I'm sorry that I didn't, with what you told me when we were at your family's I should have..."

"Don't mention it. All that matters is that you're okay. And may I say beautiful." The neuro softly stroked Josie's hand. "I'm in my pajamas without make up and looking like elephant, what's beautiful about that?"

The Mikaelson chuckled, "A beautiful elephant, clothes and make-up do not define our beauty." Josie looked down, sighing.

"Can we just cuddle? I don't really feel like talking." The older girl nodded and immediately got in position and Josie became a little spoon. Their hands finding their place over the bump that held their growing children.

Josie whimpered every few minutes when the cramps came back. Hope rubbed her back hoping it'll calm down soon and they could get some rest.

But that didn't last for long cause guess who's shift was over, "get up Jo, we're going nerding!" Mg yelled, throwing one of the hoodie's that were left on the floor at Josie's. Not yet knowing of the other person in her bed.

The doctor immediately groaned in her sleep. "Mg-" mg quickly jumped at the voice turning around and covering his eyes. "Oh god- please don't tell me you're naked. I don't need to be traumatized."

"Don't worry, we're not. You can open your eyes." She chuckled at him whilst he turned around. "Vincent told me she was better and I just wanted to get her a pick me up." Mg smiled at the still sleeping brunette.

After a few attempts at waking her up, the duo of friends finally achieved it as she slowly opened her eyes and took notice to the environment.

"What's going on?" Questioning the two hovering over her rn, "Well, me, Ethan and Landon wanted to take you out on the movie you missed the other day, to pick up your mood after what happened today."

The intern smiled at the nice gesture her friends were setting up for her, mg smiled back if it weren't for it to drop a few seconds when he looked down at his phone and the new text he got.

"Actually... Theo's babysitter just canceled meaning we can't go out. They have to stay in cause they have no one to keep an eye on him since the other are still at work." He started moving back to his room but was stopped after Hope took a look at the way Josie's face dropped after smiling so widely.

"I'll do it. I'll babysit Theo if that's what will make you feel better." The Mikaelson smiled at the two best friends. Josie immediately jumped to embrace Hope not even thinking of the consequences of that. Cause soon the aches came.

"Shit! Should've thought that through." She cursed herself when she immediately had to pull away from the hug to lay her hand on where she felt the cramps and try to rub it and ease the pain.

"Are you sure Hope? Don't you hate toddlers or something?" Josie scoffed, "She better not, or in a few years she'll have a problem."

"I mean... not really." Hope quickly changed her words when she saw a very threatening Josie looking at her.

"Don't worry about it, you four go be the nerds you are, and I'll take care of the little bastard." She smiled, and soon later Josie and Mg indeed got ready and left. Telling her that Landon will come dropping Theo soon.

( double update yay! Next chapter we get to see Hope interact with a toddler... that should be a funny interaction 🤣 she's preparing her motherhood skills lmao. Thoughts on the chapter or any ideas for the future are very welcomed and loved if you want to comment and make sure you vote too! Have a great day xoxo!)