4. Bullying the emperor and giving the demon headaches

A hero and a demon. These two had fought many times and their fighting didn't seem to come to an end any time soon. This whole thing started when the hero set out in order to slay the evil demon who he considered as the biggest threat to the world. They fought but no winner was decided. They fought again and again and always ended in a draw. After some time, they took a liking to each other. They developed some kind of friendship. But neitherless, they weren't friends. They were friendly rivals. The difference is big between those two terms. What kept this friendly relationship ongoing was simply their fights which both enjoyed a lot.

The demon, considered as the strongest, was able to even surpass the true dragons which were deemed unbeatable. Veldanava of course was out of question. The demon had, in the past, challenged the first true dragon and suffered an instant defeat. Now that Veldanava has died, the only one able to fight him on par was Velzard, the second true dragon, or so he thought. The appearance of the hero, who managed to draw with him, brought some excitement to his life. Being the strongest without a rival was boring, and this hero was able to rival him.

The hero on the other hand was considered the strongest hero, no equals among humans. After fighting so many mindless beasts and semi strong monsters, he was bored. He even forgot the excitement coming with a good fight. But then he met this demon he couldn't beat. He didn't lose, but he didn't win either. No matter how often they fought, it always ended in a draw. This demon managed to light the flames of excitement in him, brought joy in his life. It didn't even matter to him if he was evil or not. He had already forgotten that he originally wanted to slay him. Now, he just enjoyed these fights and someday wanted to end this series of draws and win.

These two were Guy Crimson and Rudra. Both of them were pretty similar. Both were very competitive. They even decided to turn this into a game. Guy would recruit so-called demon lords, and Rudra had his empire. Last time they fought, Guy said Rudra would become weak due to him still being a human. He suggested they get pawns and let them fight against each other, but that's humiliating for Rudra. And today, he came to show Guy that he is as strong as ever and even beat him. That was his aim for his sudden appearance in the Palace of White Ice.

'Just wait Guy, today I'll beat you and your pawns.'

------------------------------------------------------------

Unlike Rudra and Guy Crimson, there was someone who was rather exasperated about the sudden turn of the events. He had a perfect poker face, but inside he was having troubles in deciding what to do and how it has come to this.

'I just wanted to save Milim and have some fun, and now this bastard shows up. I had enough of this Rudra and Michael thing in the original time-line, and now I have to deal with it all over again. Maybe I should just beat him to pulp and make sure he decides to give up his game with Guy? Or kill him? No no Velgrynd would hunt me down for sure if I would do that. Ahh, this Hero is such a pain.'

<< Master, it seems like you really insist on becoming the villain? >>

>> Ah no Ciel, but he made us so many problems and i don't know what to do. I don't know how it would affect the timeline if I do something against him and waiting for him to attack Tempest in the future also isn't really an option either. What do you think, what should I do? <<

<<Master, alone that you came here to be one of the ancient demon lords will change the time-line drastically. No matter what you do, it won't affect the original time-line, so you can act as you wish. >>

>> Hmm, yes you're right. I don't even know why I made such a fuss about it. Let's have fun, Ciel. <<

<< Yes master >>