15. Meeting with Dagruel

In a vast room, which was used as a meeting room by the giant king Dagruel, the preparations for the upcoming meeting between demon lord Rimuru and Dagruel came to an end. Dagruel and Glassord were already seated around the big table in the middle of the room and were waiting for their guests to arrive. Dagruel was calm and silent, but Glassord on the otherhand was nervously thinking about the outcome of this meeting.

'Why would they want to have a meeting? Big brother didn't say anything. I would understand if it would be just demon lord Rimuru, but two demon lords, one primordial demon and to top that of a true dragon? That's just unnerving. Is it because of our recent quarrel with the vampires? But Guy Crimson said he wouldn't care about our conflict. It just doesn't make any sense. And why are they so late?!"

"Brother, aren't they a bit too late?" Glassord asked Dagruel, who still had his eyes closed as if he was meditating.

"They're not late, they just give us time to properly prepare for their arrival and get ourselves ready. I would rather say they could be considered generous for not suddenly barging in, considering who we are awaiting it wouldn't be impossible." Dagruel calmly answered his brother, without opening his eyes.

"Is demon lord Rimuru that kind of person to do such thing?" Glassord asked.

"I don't know anything about that Rimuru, but I'm speaking about Velgrynd the scorch dragon. Veldora told me tales about her and her character. According to him, she is a devil incarnated and kills him over and over again. I wouldn't have expected from her to patiently wait, but rather storm in, if what Veldora said is true."

Glassord's jaw dropped at this info.

"And here I thought the storm dragon was the most violent one out of them. Poor Veldora." Glassord uttered, with a hint of pity for the storm dragon.

Suddenly, a guard barged in, out of breath and with a panicked expression. He tried to say something, but couldn't catch his breath. After one minute, he was finally able to state the reason he was here.

"D-dagruel s-sama! We have a-an emergency! The v-v-violet p-primordial.."

But before he could finish his sentence, he could feel a small hand on his shoulder. When he turned back to see who it was, he was petrified at the sight in front of him. He was faced with Ultima, who was smiling menacingly, releasing a terrifying aura, which only added to the miserable situation the guard was in.

"Hey, you know it's rude to run away and leave us standing, right? And if it's my lord you're running away from, it could be even considered a sin. We had to find the way here all by ourselves."

The more she spoke, the tighter her grip around the shoulder of the guard grew, nearly crushing it completely.

"Ultima, that's enough. You'll scare him to death." Rimuru finally decided to speak up. He was already used to this kind of antiques of the primordial demons.

"As you wish, my lord." Ultima said, and let go of the guard.

"As I said, Rimuru is fine, just Rimuru"

"As you wish, Rimuru-sama"

Dagruel and Glassord were speechless and just listened to the conversation between the violet primordial and Rimuru.

'She is named and has a body' thought both Dagruel and Glassord.

They had several conflicts with the violet primordial in the past, and seeing her here, named and with a new master was enough to even shock Dagruel.

He quickly regained his composure and stood up from his seat to welcome his guests.

"Welcome, demon lord Rimuru and his companions. I apologize for the modest reception, but we didn't have a lot of time to prepare for it."

"No need to worry, King of the Giants, Dagruel. We are the ones who demanded a meeting on such a short notice. To not waste any time, I would say it's best if we start right away."

Dagruel nodded and everyone took their place. Velgrynd sat on the right side of Rimuru, while Milim on the left side, while Gaia was sleeping in her lap. Ultima and Rain stood behind Rimuru.

"So, what brings you here today, demon lord Rimuru, or should I rather say 'Chaos Creator'?" Dagruel asked and started the conversation with that.

"Rimuru is fine, and as for why I am here, I have an offer."

"Offer?"

"I want you to join the demon lords."

Glassord was taken aback by this, but Dagruel remained calm, not showing any sign of unrest. He stood silent for five minutes and intensively thought about the benefits and drawbacks of such a decision.

"I shall accept it."

"Huh? Really? No questions or anything?" Rimuru asked, a bit perplexed how fast Dagruel accepted.

"I thought about it and can only see benefits for myself. Although I can't leave that place that often because I have to guard the heavenly tower."

"Yeah, that's not a problem. We won't meet that often anyway."

"I have just one condition."

"What would that be?"

"I want to remain the one to remain over this territory."

Rimuru, who expected something important, let out a small chuckle.

"Of course, we can arrange that. We won't just give your territory to another demon lord, don't worry.

Dagruel was relieved hearing this and the mood became cheerful.

"We have prepared a banquet for you, would you like to stay or do you have to leave already?" Dagruel asked.

"A banquet noda? Rimuru, please let us stay, please noda!" Milim, who was silent until now, begged Rimuru with sparkles in her eyes, when she heard the word banquet. Velgrynd burried her face in her hands, ashamed of the missing manners of her niece.

'And people go around telling me glutton when there is Milim around.' Rimuru thought to himself.

"Alright, we can stay for a bit longer, I guess. But we have to leave afterwards, we have other things to do." Rimuru said, smiling.

"Alright, let's change our location then." Dagruel said, while standing up, and they left the meeting room.

'One down, now all we have to do is ask Luminas.' Rimuru thought, while following Dagruel to the banquet hall.