12. Annoyed Vampire Queen

Two days had passed since Rimuru decided to leave the frozen continent and recruit Dagruel and Luminas. The reason he decided not to leave immediately was because, as Rimuru sees himself, he was a gentleman. All his companions were females, and he thought maybe they would need time to prepare themselves. That they weren't humans but a demon, a true dragon and a dragnoid didn't matter to him, that was because his human side from his old life was still clinging to him. During these two days Rimuru continued cooking for everyone and this set everyone in to a cheerful mood. Guy was the only one conflicted. After Rimuru's announcement, Guy asked Rimuru for a fight and after some convincing, Rimuru gave in.

------------------------------------------------------------

They went outside, where Velzard and Velgrynd set up a barrier around the two to prevent damage to the cardinal world in a whole. The battle between Milim and Guy set aside, this battle would be catastrophic if they wouldn't set up barriers around them. These two, probably the two strongest beings, would have a fierce fight. That was at least what everybody thought. The reality was rather harsh for Guy, who was itching to fight his fellow demon lord. As soon as Velzard gave the signal, both of them set off and flew into the air. After a staring contest, Guy was the first one to attack. He closed the gap between them and a close combat fight begun. Rimuru, with minimal movement, dodged every punch and kick. Guy realizing he was put in the same position Velgrynd was got annoyed and called Rimuru out.

"Oi, is dodging everything you can do? At least try to attack from time to time! Do you underestimate me that much, you bastard?!"

Rimuru looked curiously at Guy and was lost in his thoughts, making a time-out gesture and leaning over to Guy's ear.

"Are you sure? You know I didn't want you to lose your face in front of Velzard-san. Don't you want to put at least a good show before you lose?"

Rimuru didn't mean to insult Guy. This was simply his way of caring for him. But to Guy, this was the biggest insult anyone has thrown at him. Not even the violet and yellow primordials, who were known for their insults among the primordials, had angered him this much. This caused him to go full out. He released his full aura which caused some cracks in the barrier and charged in again into his doom. Rimuru disappeared before his sight and reappeared right beside him and kicked him in the side. Guy was sent flying to the ground at high speed and the impact shook the whole continent, no, even further parts.

Meanwhile, everyone present on the fight scene had their mouths open and a look of disbelief. Guy laid, unconscious, on the ground without any signs of getting up.

"I might have overdone a bit, hehe" Rimuru nervously said, while sweating.

But he didn't get any response. Everyone still had their eyes locked on Guy. The first one to return to reality was Milim who excitedly jumped up and down exclaiming how cool her bestie was, joined by Gaia. Rain had an indifferent look on the outside, but inside she was cheering for her new master the whole time. She didn't want to disrespect her old master by going along with Milim. Velgrynd, after getting over the shock, also had a smile on her face. Velzard had a look of concern on her face, but it dissipated after Guy slowly started to move again. She quickly went up to him.

"HAHHAHAHAAHAH BRILLIANT! THAT WASN'T BAD, RIMURU. LET'S DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME" Guy, who regained his consciousness, shouted and continued his laughter.

"Rimuru! You broke him! You have to take responsibility and pay me!" Velzard screamed at Rimuru.

"I'm sure that he was always like that. Not my fault, Velzard-san"

"Sigh.. Maybe you're right." Velzard defeatedly added.

After healing Guy, they joined the others and returned to the castle.

------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Night Garden, Luminas sat in her bed and listened to Chloe, who was excitedly telling her stories about how she met Rimuru. Hinata, who became Luminas' new 'toy', lay in her lap and looked uncomfortable but wasn't able to go against her.

"..and then he made us fight him and promised the winner the newest manga. But sensei is very strong, and we weren't able to win, of course! He gave everyone an example in the end. He was always so nice to us and everyone. And one time he.."

"Chloe, it's always Rimuru this, Rimuru that! You know, I'm starting to get jealous~" said Luminas. Her voice sounded teasingly, but she clearly was angry at that Rimuru because he will steal her beloved Chloe one day. Chloe, because she was interrupted, pouted and turned around so that Luminas had to face her back.

"N-no that was a joke, a-a j-joke Chloe! I would love to meet this Rimuru one day." Luminas added panicked, not wanting to get Chloe mad.

'If what she says is true, I'm sure it is, I have Chloe for nearly 2000 years for myself. I will win her over for sure! Before that annoying guy gets into this world, Chloe will be solely mine' Luminas thought to herself. The last part made her blush, and the imagination alone was enough to lift her mood.

Since Chloe returned with Hinata, she was constantly talking about Rimuru. It was even worse than when Chloe and Luminas first met. This angered the possessive vampire queen, who set herself the goal to 'conquer' Chloe before Rimuru could even appear. Although Hinata was also cute according to Luminas, Chloe was her favorite. While she was lost in her thoughts, Chloe turned around with a smile and shattered all hopes of Luminas with her next words.

"Really? He said he will visit in a few days, you know? We met him in the frozen continent before we came back."

Luminas was in a loss of words. Her pale skin became paler, and she looked visibly shocked.

"He is here? Frozen continent? He will visit?! What are you talking about, Chloe?! And why were you in the red primordial's territory?! Didn't you say Rimuru would be reborn into this world in 2000 years?!"

Chloe let out a chuckle before answering.

"Didn't you hear the news? I was sure you would already know? He is one of the demon lords. And I went to the frozen continent because he is staying there together with Guy Crimson. As for how he is here, that's a secret."

Chloe, despite respecting and loving Rimuru, didn't want to lie to her friend. With every answer delivered by Chloe, Luminas visibly became paler.

Before she could ask anything else, the whole castle began to shake. Dust fell from the ceilings and everyone was on guard. They quickly got on their feet.

"Earthquake?" Hinata asked.

"A big one at that. But it stopped quickly." Luminas added.

"I wonder if that was sensei?" Chloe tilted her head.

"Chloe, I know you respect him a lot, but don't go around doing everything about him. That was simply an earthquake." Luminas added, slightly annoyed.

But Chloe didn't waver and thought what could have happened.

"Anyway, let's continue our girl's talk." Luminas said and the three of them continued their girl's talk.

------------------------------------------------------------

Back to present time, Rimuru, Velgrynd, Rain, Milim and Gaia were outside the Palace of the White Ice, ready to set off.

"Alright, everyone, let's go!" Rimuru excitedly shouted.

"Where are we going first?" Velgrynd asked.

"First, we will have to visit Dagruel. We can spend some time there and afterwards we'll visit Luminas Valentine."

"Are they strong noda? Can we maybe spar with them noda?" Milim asked, with sparkles in her eyes.

"Milim, we're going to make them join us, not to fight them. So don't destroy anything or anyone while we are there, alright?" Rimuru scolded Milim.

"Alright noda" Milim sulked.

And thus, they set off to meet Dagruel and Luminas Valentine.