t h r e e

.03| Saige
-not edited-

"SO HOW'S IT FEEL to be back on the East Coast?" Dalton asks, leaning over to place a soft kiss on my cheek.

"It's good! A lot hotter than I remember but it's good. I missed everyone a lot."

"Yeah I saw the picture you posted with all of them. I remember you and your little gang always hanging out back in middle school. You're still friends with Dixon?" He asks, mentioning the instagram post I had put up last night. It was the picture my mom took, all of them dogpiling me on my bed.

I laugh a bit, sensing the jealousy in his voice. "No. Well yes, but no. Not really"

"I thought you didn't like him anymore? He's an ass, I don't blame you. You're not missing out on much with that dick." Ah there it is, the classic Dixon-Bloise hate.

"He was my best friend going up, there's just a lot of memories there, that's all. But I don't like him, he's an ass for sure. Doesn't take long to see that."

He mumbles something unintelligible under his breath, his grip tight on the steering wheel.

I decide to drop the topic of Cas, not wanting to cause more awkwardness than what's already settled over us. I reach over and turn the radio up, Harry Style's newest song, Late Night Talking, comes on, and I begin to sing along which causes Dalton to smile.

"I hate this song you know?" He says over the music, and I slap him lightly in the arm.

"It's literally the best song he's released!" I gasp, pretending to be offended by his comment. Harry styles is my favorite artist, behind Taylor Swift. Yeah I know, basic. But they literally got me through recovery, and I grew up on Taylor, so obviously I love her.

We turn into the restaurant, a small family owned diner on the outskirts of town. It sits on the river, secluded from the busy town around it. Lucy's is the name, and it's been here for almost fifty years. I used to come here all the time for ice cream and dinner, but it'll be my first time back since I've moved home.

"Lord have mercy! Is that Saige Lexington?" Linda rushes out from behind the counter, a blue apron painted with flour tied around her waist.

She immediately pulls me into a hug, mumbling about how much she missed me and how much I've grown. I laugh as I wrap my arms around her, just like the grandmother I never had.

Linda ushers us too a booth in the corner, having one of her workers bring out a caramel Oreo milkshake, which was my favorite before I left.

"Thank you Linda! It's so good to see you again, how are the grandchildren?"

"Oh they're great! Keele is about to start school, and Eli is almost to middle school! I can't  believe it's been almost four years since I've seen you!" She gushes over me before finally returning to the counter to greet more customers.

I take a sip of the milkshake, trying to ignore all the toppings on it. It's way too many calories. I can't eat at Cas's tonight if I drink this.

But it's so fucking good still. If I don't eat anything else here, and only drink half of this, I'll be okay. I can treat myself.