e i g h t

.08|Saige
-not edited-

"SO YOU MISSED ME?" I break the silence, sitting awkwardly on Cas's bed while he sits at his desk. He hasn't spoken a word to me since I've stepped in his room, his broody demeanor must be on high today.

"No."

"But your mom said-" He cuts me off with a glare, the words dying on my tongue.

"I said no. I don't care what my mom said, I stopped missing you once I realized I didn't mean enough for you to say bye to me." His harsh words send a stab of pain through me.

I didn't say bye. I didn't even tell him where I was going. I just left. I guess I'd be mad about it too, we had always talked about highschool and what it would be like. And then I was just gone.

But it wasn't like I wanted to leave. I was unconscious, in an ambulance where they had to bring me back to life. How was I supposed to say bye. It can't be my fault. It's not my fault. It's not my fault.

"You didn't reach out to me at all for the entire four years. I kept waiting, hoping that you'd just text. Check on me. Something. But there wasn't anything. I stopped waiting eventually." I say quietly, the memories of waiting by my phone, typing up paragraphs to him just to never send them rushing back through me.

His stands up, running a hand through his hair. "I never wrote you? You were gone for years. Clearly you were fine, you probably had all these friends up there. And you came back dating fucking Dalton Bloise so clearly you weren't too lonely." He practically yells it at me, and I think the only thing holding him back is the fact that his parents are still downstairs.

"You have no idea how much I needed you. But you weren't there, Dalton was. So yeah, I did come back dating him. He came to see me every break, and he reached out to me when I was so alone."

He stops for a minute, just staring at me. I don't think he expected me to say how much I needed him, because the shock is pretty evident on his face.

"Whatever, can we just do what we came here for?" Any emotion on his face is immediately gone, replaced with boredom. I nod quietly, dropping the topic.

✩・✩・✩

An hour later, we sit at the same dark oak kitchen table I had grown up at all the time, stuffing our faces with fettuccine alfredo chicken and noodles.

It tasted incredible, my eyes drifting shut and a faint smile playing at my lips after the first bite. I hadn't had it since I left, too many carbs to eat in rehab. I still shouldn't be eating much of it, but it's impolite to refuse food.

"It's just as good as I remember Mrs. Dixon, thank you so much." She smiles, nodding to Cas.

"It was his idea, he remembered how much you loved it and thought it might be nice." I glance over at Cas, surprised.

It was his idea to cook my favorite meal?

He sits at the end of the table, lifting the fork to his mouth over and over again without glancing up. He doesn't acknowledge the words, not even a change in his expression.

"Now, who wants the last spoonful?"

"Me, me!" I scream, running down the stairs. Cas comes barreling down behind me, a race to get to the kitchen first.