f i v e

.05| Saige
-not edited-

FIFTEEN MINUTES. Fifteen minutes is how long I lasted with that spawn of Satan.

I was honestly proud of myself. Fifteen minutes with Kaitlynn Teager and I didn't die, or kill her. New personal record.

"Anyone, I will literally work with anyone in this room as long as it's not her. Please." I beg Mr. Johnson, ready to pull my hair out if I have to exchange another word with her. In fifteen minutes we've managed to use every insult in the book, and I drew the line when she got dangerously close to going after an issue I actually do suffer with.

I'm aware I said I cope with my issues through humor, but when people pull out to offend me is where I stop. Obviously, there's some trauma behind it and it's a sensitive topic, not to mention I'm already on edge of beating the bitch up.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think there's any other way to change up the partners." He looks down at his paper again, and all the groups working peacefully around the room. Except for Dalton and Cas, glaring at each other like they're fresh meat.

"Them! Dalton and Cas hate each other, split them up and I can work with Dalton!"

He pulls his glasses down, looking over at the two boys who are currently giving each other the death stare. "Boys! Do you have an issue with each other?"

"It depends, will it get me a new partner?" Cas answers, clearly unamused.

"There you go Saige, you can work with Cas and Kaitlynn will work with Dalton." Mr. Johnson smiles, cutting me off as I open my mouth to speak again, "I'm choosing partners for everyone to get used to new people, which means I will not be changing your partner again. Please go sit down Ms Lexington."

I groan, at this point I might even consider working with Kaitlynn over him. Cas leans back in his chair, arms crossed and legs stretched out as he smirks at me.

"Howdy partner," He grins as I sit down and I just stare at him, hoping he gets the whole I don't want to be here and would jump off a bridge to not work with you idea. Then again he's mentally challenged, so he doesn't.  "Don't be sour, you know you're happy to work with me Lex."

"Fuck off, and don't call me that." I shoot back, the old nickname stinging. He lost privileges to call me that when he 'forgot' to speak to me for four years.

"Feisty today aren't you?"

I consider myself to be disciplined, but it'll take all I have to not commit first-degree murder today.

At least I would look hot in my mugshot.

✩・✩・✩

By the time the bell rings, I debate dropping out of school. Why does senior year matter anyways, I could get a perfectly good job without finishing high school.

It seems like a better option than being stuck with Cas and watching Kaitlynn flirt with my boyfriend every morning. 

That's right, Kaitlynn fucking Teager has spent the entire 40 minute period trying to get in Dalton's pants.

Chin resting on her hands, a sweet smile on her face as she twirls at piece of stick straight brunette hair.

I mean if I had straight hair I would probably twirl it too, but unfortunately my curly hair could never.