s i x

.06|Saige
[one week later]
-not edited-

ONE WEEK OF HIGHSCHOOL and I was already ready to go back to Wisconsin. I mean, there had to be a high school up there in the fucking empty cold of cheese land where I could stay. Where nobody would know me. Where there were no peppy bitches names Kaitlynn to flirt with my boyfriend at 8:40 every morning. Where there's no dicks named Cas to make my life miserable in the same manner.

I swear, Cas had made it is personal mission to make sure I hate biology. He won't do the work, he's incredibly cocky half the time, and the other half he likes to act like it's hurting his ego to be around me. I've tried to drop the class three times, but no! It's the one fucking course I have to take to graduate. Apparently, I didn't learn enough about biology in the four years I spent in the hospital.

But none of that matters, because it's Friday night. There's no school for two days, no biology, and most importantly no Cas Dixon. Just Dalton, coming over for dinner and a movie tonight, and then a day spent with my girls tomorrow.

The week has been a bit up and down, but despite the miserableness that is my first period, I've been doing really well on the rehab scale. My weekly meeting with my therapist went well, and my parents have called almost every night to check on me. But I'm finally healing.

And healing means pizza, popcorn, and a movie night with my boyfriend.

Dalton and I are cuddled up on the couch, Top Gun (my absolute favorite) playing on the tv, and his hand rubbing slow circles into my hair.

"I'm glad we can do this anytime now. It was so hard being away from you all the time baby." He whispers into my neck, leaving featherlight kisses behind him.

I tilt my head back, giving him better access as he shifts us so I'm on his lap, our lips never breaking contact. My eyes flutter shut, and I don't even notice the shadow moving across my yard.

Until a knock sounds on the front door, startling us both. It opens by itself, but Dalton sees who's entered first, grabbing my hips to keep me in place as he continues sucking on my neck.

The intruder clears his throat, "Sorry, am I interrupting? It's looking like you might want to cancel our study session Lex."

Dalton stiffens below me, and I can hear the smirk in Cas' face from where he stands in the entryway. I slowly turn around, my eyes meeting his, where he stands holding his laptop and a pile of books.

"What study session Cassius? We have nothing to study for. Leave."

He fakes a pout, "Too busy with your little boyfriend to focus on grades? That's not the Saige I remember. Just give me a call whenever you're ready to study, you know where to find me." He winks, and I roll my eyes even further back into my head, not sure how it's even possible. "I'm always right next door!"

He's right. I do know where to find him. His bedroom looks into mine, which is going to make it all the easier for me to murder him in his fucking sleep tonight.

He hums a merry little tune as he strolls out, slamming my front door behind him. Silence overtakes the house once again, though not so comfortable.

"Cas Dixon is your fucking neighbor too?" Dalton just stares at me, standing up and slowly grabbing his things. "No wonder you two are all buddy buddy. You're probably sneaking over there and fucking him every night."