𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

Zara and Ezrah left after a while, and Ezrah even showed me what he was writing in his notebook

Now I'm left with Puddles.

I haven't really talked to Puddles since we've gotten here, and I have to apologize to her for that. I've been so focused on my new brothers, that I haven't even asked if she was okay from getting washed!

I've been so selfish.

"I'm sor-sorry." I'm not afraid to talk to Puddles, because I know she won't mock me for my stutter. I'm not naive, I know Puddles has no sense of reality, but it really helps to think someone has gone through life the same way I have.

I imagine her telling me it's okay, that she understands I was getting used to our new life style. I imagine that she likes my new brothers, and that she has taken a special liking to Adonis, as he had gotten the stinky blood off of her.

I listen to her imaginary words intently, giving her my full attention. I wish she would actually talk to me, and reassure me that everything is okay. Or rather, that it will be.

I wish that she would cry with me, so I don't feel so alone in a house full of people I don't know.

If I were to make a wish, it would be for someone to get me and my situation. I would wish for someone to understand what's going through my mind, and how to fix it. I'm not sure how to fix it myself.

The familiar creek of the door resonates around my room, and I look away from Puddles expecting to see Zara. Instead, Adonis peaks his head in.

I furrow my eyebrows, he hasn't seen me since he gave me Puddles back. Is he here to take her again?

My eyes widen a fraction, and I hug Puddles to me and bring my legs up to my chest so she's hidden. Like a hug.

I've grown to like Zara's hugs.

She's safe.

Adonis, observing this, frowns slightly. His eyes glaze over as if he's so deep in thought he's lost in his head.

I look to Puddles smooshed face, silently asking her What do we do now?

Beauty jumps onto my bed from the floor, and I jump slightly as the bed bounces from the force. Adonis seems to snap out of it as I start petting Beauty.

She's so soft.

I realize that Beauty has barely left my room, except for when one of the boys yell for her to go outside. My heart swells.

She wants to be with me.

When I look away from Beauty, Adonis is in front of me. My heart lurches in surprise, along with the rest of my body as I jump away from him.

Adonis' eyes widen, and he puts his hands up in surrender.

We stare at each other for a while, me waiting for him to speak. I don't know what he's waiting for me to do.